New to Forum... Saying Hi!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by bigdaddydave, Oct 20, 2010.

1. bigdaddydave

bigdaddydave New to Mu-43

Oct 10, 2010
    Small Chicago Suburb
    Hello everyone!

My name is Dave. I live a small suburb of Chicago, IL. I just picked up my first Micro 4/3rds camera about a week ago - a Panasonic GF1. I love it!

I still shoot Canon DSLR's, but I'm quickly finding I love using this camera for everything I can. I don't even mind the "higher noise" on 4/3rds. Honestly, to me it seems about the same as my 40D but even a little cleaner since there's no banding. It definitely cleans up easier in LR3 to me. I even leave some of the noise in since it looks like film grain pattern.

Anyway, looking forward to participating. I spent a lot of time in a popular Canon forum, but now that I'm using my Panny so much I'm glad to find a new forum!

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Dave, I think you're going to like it a lot here. Welcome and please make yourself at home!:thumbup:

3. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

Welcome, nice to hear your having fun already with your :43: camera.

Johan

4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    No way.
    your name is BIG DADDY DAVE.
    Welcome.

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

A big welcome to you Dave - great to have you on board!

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi and welcome Dave !

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Dave and welcome.

8. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Hi David
    The small size and hi IQ is the appeal of u43 also in the street you just look ordinary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.