1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to 4/3 photography and forum

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by superthumbs, Oct 6, 2011.

1. superthumbs

superthumbs New to Mu-43

Hi all,

I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks and gathering all the info available. I just overnighted my first Micro 4/3 kit and it should be at my door within 2 hours. I'm way too excited about this.

Been shooting film forever (still shooting my 500 c/m multiple times per week and love that camera). Shoot a D700 for work related shoots, Leica M6 for fun and when I want a smaller camera.

Ordered a Panasonic G3 with kit zoom and 14 f/2.5, as well as adapter for my Leica M lenses. My plan is to make this my take everywhere and do everything camera. I'm ready to have some fun.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Hey,

I have a D700 and am now the owner of a less than a week old EP3 as my carry all-the-time camera!

Enjoy your delivery :)

As an aside, I'd like to thank this forum, there's been a few settings like the SCP I would have never bothered to look for!

3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome to the forum Superthumbs! Congrats on the G3 and the Pany 14. That lens focuses superfast and it's virtually silent. You'll definitely enjoy it.

I also run M lenses on my GH2 from time to time. The excellent EVF makes manual focus much easier.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing your images!

5. superthumbs

superthumbs New to Mu-43

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm really enjoying browsing through all the sample images here.

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I know you already have all that sweet Leica glass, but be careful, browsing the image threads will cause G.A.S.... make sure to stay away from the PL 25/1.4, 20/1.7 and Oly 45/1.8 threads! :biggrin:

7. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Welcome here and like itìs said: be aware of G.A.S.:biggrin:

8. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    Welcome from a fellow Arizonian!
    And yes, it has been hot here but today it's nice and cool.

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome!