New to 4/3 photography and forum

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by superthumbs, Oct 6, 2011.

1. superthumbs

superthumbs New to Mu-43

Hi all,

I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks and gathering all the info available. I just overnighted my first Micro 4/3 kit and it should be at my door within 2 hours. I'm way too excited about this.

Been shooting film forever (still shooting my 500 c/m multiple times per week and love that camera). Shoot a D700 for work related shoots, Leica M6 for fun and when I want a smaller camera.

Ordered a Panasonic G3 with kit zoom and 14 f/2.5, as well as adapter for my Leica M lenses. My plan is to make this my take everywhere and do everything camera. I'm ready to have some fun.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011

I have a D700 and am now the owner of a less than a week old EP3 as my carry all-the-time camera!

Enjoy your delivery :)

As an aside, I'd like to thank this forum, there's been a few settings like the SCP I would have never bothered to look for!
  3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Welcome to the forum Superthumbs! Congrats on the G3 and the Pany 14. That lens focuses superfast and it's virtually silent. You'll definitely enjoy it.

I also run M lenses on my GH2 from time to time. The excellent EVF makes manual focus much easier.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!
  4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing your images!
  5. superthumbs

superthumbs New to Mu-43

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm really enjoying browsing through all the sample images here.
  6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I know you already have all that sweet Leica glass, but be careful, browsing the image threads will cause G.A.S.... make sure to stay away from the PL 25/1.4, 20/1.7 and Oly 45/1.8 threads! :biggrin:
  7. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Welcome here and like itìs said: be aware of G.A.S.:biggrin:
  8. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    Welcome from a fellow Arizonian!
    And yes, it has been hot here but today it's nice and cool.
  9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada