New Studio Space New Horizons

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by StudioHeraBell, Jun 11, 2011.

• Like Like x 5
  1. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Hera,

You are a one woman advertisement for what can be done with the µ43 format when it's in capable hands...

Another beautiful studio shot!

Thanks Hera.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Allan, few years ago I got Panasonic's head office into Japan paying me money for my 3D infrared photography project. They never support such projects. Via UK bureau I convinced the big guys to fly me to few conventions and show my images as they printed them as posters for their convention booths.

Beleive me they sold tones of G1's because of me.

This being told, the project is finished. Few years later they come out this 3D lens which is useless. I got one and returned it back 4 days later testing them.

You need a Panasonic 3D TV to watch the photos. Most stores carry the TV but not the extra gadgets to view your 3D shots. This makes this lens useless to keep it for now.

Blocking the sensor on the lens, is another BS to shoot videos with it. I did it. YouTube has a code to transform your two screen video into conventional 3D videos with green & cyan channels. It looks horrible. You get dizzy even watching a stationary video footage shot on tripod.

By the way the warnings in the small booklet about watching 3D photos taken with this lens are pretty scary.

And the warnings of how to take care of it it is even more imbecile.

I am very thechical person when it comes to such things.

For years I was a pro tester for Canon Canada for their new cameras under portrait category. Some years Canon hated few of us when we were giving our reports at the meetings. Especially when they brought in the 20D to replace the 10D. That camera had so many lemons in it, it was unbeleivable. The only sligthly better this vis a vis 10D was a tiny bit faster for some nature shooters. It wan't at all replacing 10D.

This type of brand maketing if full of it.

But I must admit the camera and the lenses I own now are simply and honestly are fabulous. What I say and show here are honest points.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    This is very nice ... everything is very very nice from the tone and angle of the lighting ... to the reflection in the flooring ... to the background being just a shade lighter than black ... the choice of red is stunning and the pooch is a wonderful detail (is that your dog?). A very minor nit is it appears that you are using a seamless backdrop and the curve on the left side is reflecting a bit more than the rest of the backdrop. I don't know why I find this distracting ... but in an image where everything else is perfect, I guess little details tend to shout.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gary, the reflection was added after, I guess if you mean the floor reflection which I added after isn't correct, I might go back and re-work on it.

The dog is the model's own dog. We weren't expecting a dog. But it worked out well. We used it to our advantage.

Thank you taking the time and pointing out what you see.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    No not the reflections ... the reflections are great ... did you update the image ... earlier on the iMac I, the background was just a bit lighter than black and on the lower left side where the bottom of the dress disappears into the shadows, there was a horizontal strip of background which was lighter than the rest of the background ... it looked as if the curve of the seamless drop reflected just a bit more than the rest of the of the background ... on the Macbook, (which I am using now), I don't see my earlier nit ... maybe the MacBook has more contrast than the iMac, because now the entire background looks black and not the dark gray I saw on the iMac. This is probably all getting confusing ... so in conclusion my comment was very very minor ... again nice job on the image, all the elements came nicely together.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrianK

BrianK Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Lansing MI

I dig the floor shimmer, very nice light.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think the screen on your IMac might be brighter. I didn't change the image. In actual original the light reflects where the seamless paper curves, yes, I usually take it out. Which I did in this case.

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Back om the iMac .. and the light pattern is back and the background is a dark gray ... so you are right again. L'image regarde mieux sur l'iMac que le MacBook.

PS- My first dSLR was the 20D ... I thought it was pretty good ... but then I was comparing to a P&S ... so what 20D lemons did you discover?
  9. Gary, welcome to our wonderful digital world , viewing images on various screens and getting judged... hahaha I am used to it.

Canon had a lot of bad 20D's coming out of production line. Several people had many problems with their cameras. Huge cases were opened against Canon to replace such lemons by the consumers.

The camera itself was ok, but not a replacement worth to the 10D.

After the 10D the NEXT real worth while model to buy was their 40D.

Right now their 7D in its category is great.

10. I love discovering a talent, it feels great being among the first doing it, then watch them grow and become famious.

Do any of you know of Dita Von Teese? Young New Jersey performer who revived Burlesque and now is among Hollywood celebrities?

Dita posed for me ages ago at the film era. The negatives were sold later on for a good price for a private collector.

Who knows, Scarlett might be in her way towards becoming a star. She didn't marry a Hollowood personality like Dita did. She is married to a great young Montreal businessman.

I am among very FIRST few shooters who photographed her when she wasn't a celebrity.

She will remember this every time, and I can still afford to hire her as the model for my studio workshops to teach others.

Hand held shot with GH2 natural light in B&W mode at 640 ISO. Noise Ninja and Silver FXPro were used to edit and get this final shot.

• Like Like x 1