new sony feature that I would love to see in m43 as a camera feature

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pellicle, Apr 25, 2015.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
  2. I like the idea, but I don't like launching an app to use it. It's the same reason that I rarely use Oly Image Share for the remote release.

3. While we're at it, why not use the onboard mic as an alternative release as well? Just clap loudly, for instance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    me too ... I was meaning that it should be incorporated into the body, not as an app ...

5. Accessing the function from an app doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you've launched the app on a phone, you might as well just release the shutter from it as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    That looks cool in article, but I see little use for it in real life or even being an annoyance to use.
    I would rather get shutter release on sound like clamp or even some "code phrase".

7. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    With a native optical release, that last shot when you take the camera off the tripod would get pretty annoying. And a sound activated release wouldn't be much use for wild life. Why not just provide a small wireless release with the camera, or as an optional accessory (bluetooth or wifi, not infared 'line of sight' like on my Canon).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. macro

macro Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yep the issue with using a sound system is when you want a burst of shots. Unless you have very fast clicking fingers, it won't work. Even with that EVF waving option, when does the burst stop if its set for a burst.

I'll stick to a wireless remote for what I want. I've played with the mobile phone app for the Oly, that's not bad either.

All the best.

Danny.

9. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    With an app on a touch screen device, you have to look at the screen, which is not a lot of use if you want to be in the shot. With a simple press button radio release, you can hold it out of sight and feel the button. Perhaps the top plate of the camera could incorporate a removable module that houses the shutter release, so that it can become a detachable remote?

10. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    ShutterTrap allows you to release using sounds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.