1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

new sony feature that I would love to see in m43 as a camera feature

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pellicle, Apr 25, 2015.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
  2. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I like the idea, but I don't like launching an app to use it. It's the same reason that I rarely use Oly Image Share for the remote release.

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

While we're at it, why not use the onboard mic as an alternative release as well? Just clap loudly, for instance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    me too ... I was meaning that it should be incorporated into the body, not as an app ...

5. Accessing the function from an app doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you've launched the app on a phone, you might as well just release the shutter from it as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    That looks cool in article, but I see little use for it in real life or even being an annoyance to use.
    I would rather get shutter release on sound like clamp or even some "code phrase".

7. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    With a native optical release, that last shot when you take the camera off the tripod would get pretty annoying. And a sound activated release wouldn't be much use for wild life. Why not just provide a small wireless release with the camera, or as an optional accessory (bluetooth or wifi, not infared 'line of sight' like on my Canon).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. macro

macro Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2012
    Yep the issue with using a sound system is when you want a burst of shots. Unless you have very fast clicking fingers, it won't work. Even with that EVF waving option, when does the burst stop if its set for a burst.

I'll stick to a wireless remote for what I want. I've played with the mobile phone app for the Oly, that's not bad either.

All the best.

Danny.

9. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    With an app on a touch screen device, you have to look at the screen, which is not a lot of use if you want to be in the shot. With a simple press button radio release, you can hold it out of sight and feel the button. Perhaps the top plate of the camera could incorporate a removable module that houses the shutter release, so that it can become a detachable remote?

10. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    ShutterTrap allows you to release using sounds.