New Site App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
We have a new site app. So far only available for Android users, but iOS coming soon (Apple takes longer to approve).

Now available for both Android and iOS :).

It has the same basic functionality as the mobile browser with a few additions, the most significant of which is notifications.

To turn off the somewhat redundant text field in the bottom of the page, tap on the plus sign in the upper right corner of the screen.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Balinov

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Balazs
Seen this today as a banner , thought it might be an another scam from tapatalk . Glad to hear it is not , so giving it a try for sure !

Real Name
Andrew L
So far it's snappy! One thing I didn't like about using chrome on my Samsung was that it was frequently chuggy for no reason. This app seems to be little more than a browser but it's faster than chrome and it's nice to have everything in one place once more!

Real Name
Andrew L
One thing that could be improved is that tapping on the notifications only takes you to the last spot you were in the app, rather than to the thread and post the notification is referring to.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I had to disable lazy loading to get the CDN to fully work. But a few people have already commented that the CDN is working well enough that they don't miss lazy loading :).

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
Worked fine for me. However when using my browser I like to open up unread threads in a new tab, whereas with the app I cannot do this, meaning back and forward when going through my unread threads list. This means for me there is really no advantage to using app versus Firefox on my tablet. However besides that it seems to work well.

bahamot

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Irwan
I have to unistall the app, it ate 30% of the battery while not in use.

Real Name
Andrew L
Screenshot_20161029-220705.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not that extreme for me, but it does seem to be using a lot of battery as a background running app.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
A peek into the discussions I'm having with the dev right now.

Q.png
A.png

Balinov

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Balazs
Plus sign doesn't do anything for me.. One more thing, that might need attention... When tapping on a push notification the app opens the main forum (with all the subforums) and without touching the screen it just suddenly opens the topic that push notification was about. O+2,stock oos, marshmallow Suggestion to other users.. Might be handy for the developer to post the handset model and OS version, just to narrow down the possible root cause

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom