New Site App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balinov

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Balazs
Hi Amit,

not sure anyone else reporting but on Android (O+2, Stock Marshmallow, June, 2017 security patch, not rooted) I'm getting SSL Certificate errors time to time. Not always, maybe a couple of times only a week. It comes up when browsing random thread and the popup warning comes up 2-3 times in a row, then when OK'd, disappears for a short wile.

Also, and have to say i'm not sure if it's a bug or feature when checking up new post in any followed thread via app notification it does open the Android app, but not the thread I've got notifications about. AFAIK it opens the last thread I was looking at beforehand.

Cheers
Balinov

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Hi @Balinov, there have been sporadic reports of SSL errors in the app. As of yet, I've not found a solution. The second issue sounds like a bug. On Android, the best solution is probably to use the web app. You can still sub for notifications in Chrome, so it's functionally the same as the app, just with less bugs.

Balinov

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Balazs
Hi Amit, thanks for the feedback, that's exactly what I'm doing, the browser is just fine

Also, forgot to mention that my o+2 is well overdue for a full wipe, been hectic lately..

Balinov

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Balazs
Hi Amin, me again:)

I suspect this is probably a long shot by any means but would the android app developer be able to implement an app setting where souls like me could tick a box to open links in posts in an external android app? Like Amazon app, flickr, youtube/vimeo, default browser set on android?

Lately, I wasn't getting the SSL error, maybe once a week, but it's literally gone since HTC pushed Orero to the U11.

It would be an absolutely nice-to-have feature I guess.

thanks
Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom