New Shutter in EM-1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ashburtononline, Jun 10, 2016.

1. ashburtononline

ashburtononline Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    New Zealand
    Shutter died last week but worked intermittently. Sent it in by courier on Wednesday morning and has it back at 4pm Friday ..... outstanding work A&E Electronics in Christchurch New Zealand .... best service EVER! New shutter, full service and sensor clean ..... all in a few hours. THAT is why I can use Olympus professionally. Nikon used to turn aroung repairs in 5-7 days which I thought was good ..... but this is unreal .... I could literally have driven there and waited :) ... all under Warranty!
    • Like Like x 8
  2. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2016
    Olympus is supposed to have good service in Australia as well. Always good to hear about good service, keeps customers coming back.

I just hope Olympus fix some of the niggling issues that I see posted about with the new EM1 Mk2 possibly coming out later this year. Especially as I hear they want to make inroads into the Pro market where reliability is very important.

Regards MarkL
  3. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

Great to hear! I just swapped out my E-M5 for the E-M5ii. Still getting it set up, but it seems like a big step up, and I loved the M5.
  4. Koru

Koru Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I have found A&E very good as well. They have replaced 2 sensors and peeling back trim for my E-M1 under extended warranty, quickly and efficiently.
    Oh, and cleaned up my supposed dust proof E3, after a day on a windy beach with fine sand which stopped all functions!
  5. BigG

BigG Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2016
    I had my EM-10 repaired (faulty mode dial) by Olympus. Excellent and quick service despite travelling to Spain and back (I live in the UK!).
  6. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama, USA
    Maybe this is a sign that Olympus might be stepping their repair centers up to equal Canon and Nikon Professional Service? :hiding: