1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

new shooter in DC

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by m43newshooter, Apr 14, 2012.

1. m43newshooter

m43newshooter Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2012
    Just checking in to say hello. New to the world of micro 4/3 and photography in general. Been wanted to get into photography for awhile now -- for work (i'm a freelance journalist) and as a hobby.

Needed to step up from the blackberry camera/pocket point-and-shoot combo I had been using on assignments (easy to use/extremely portable) to something better. But wasn't quite ready to jump into the full-on dSLR cameras some of my photog colleagues use. When I found out about the micro 4/3 systems, it seemed like the perfect compromise.

Picked up a Olympus EP-1 this week and just starting to play around.

Hoping to learn more here about my new camera and hopefully how to take high-quality pictures to go along with my articles.

Any help is appreciated and good to be aboard. Thanks.

2. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Denmark
    Welcome.

I am quite sure you picked the right system and the right place.

Sf

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    wooo! welcome aboard
    toss us some pics so we can see yer style!

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Welcome from Northern VA.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.