1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Section: Mu-43.com Links Directory

Discussion in 'Site information' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The mod team members were discussing how we enjoy seeing our fellow members' websites, blogs, and outside galleries and decided to create a section for listing member sites. You can find our new Mu-43.com Links Directory by clicking on the Links tab at the top of the page.

When you go to that page, you'll find four categories of links. The first category, "Member Sites" is the place to submit a link for your blog, online gallery, or other personal site. "Recommended by Members" is a category where you can submit links to recommended sites other than your own.

To submit a site, click on "Submit a Link", and then enter the site address (URL) and select a category. You'll then be taken to a form with the following options:

1. Web Site Name: Enter/modify the name of your site
    2. URL: The address for your site
    3. Reciprocal Link URL: If you have linked to our home page (Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group) from one a page on your site, tell us the URL for that page by listing it as the reciprocal link URL. This is appreciated but not mandatory.
    4. Description: Write a description for your linked site. For member sites, we suggest that you post an image (max width 800px, max height 600px) along with a brief introduction to your work. Please use BB code (or the [​IMG] tool) to insert images since HTML is not enabled for this section.
    5. Web Site Image: Optional: Upload a small logo/banner to represent your site. If nothing is uploaded, the software will automatically generate a small snapshot of your site, but this make take some time to occur. If unsure, best to leave this blank.

We think this section will be a great way to discover one another's sites.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    This is fantastic. I think a way to bring all the links together is a great idea.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jcurious

jcurious Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Amin for adding a links item !

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Now that we've turned the corner into 2011, here's a reminder about that new section of our site: Mu-43.com Links Directory Take a look and even better - add your own! One does not have to be a professional photographer to add their site's link.

You'll see there are several sub forums, as well. Have a site you love - add it to the Recommended By Members forum.:biggrin:

This section offers us all a way to stay in touch, learn and see even more photographs.:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  6. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Can you give me the HTML code for a banner link to here?

Thank you.

7. BBW

Ricky, I'm not sure what you mean? You mean to link back to this site?

Greater techie minds than mine will need to help you, I think.:redface:

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks Amin. I figured that would be prettier than just a text link.:biggrin:

10. BBW

Very nice!