New preferences settting to disable "Other Systems" talk

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Some members would prefer not to see the threads about systems other than Micro 4/3, especially the ones comparing Micro 4/3 to some other system. I've added a new setting in Preferences to make that easy.

Link to Preferences settings: https://www.mu-43.com/account/preferences

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 9.08.20 AM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Simple choose "No" for that setting, click "Save Changes", and Other Systems will disappear. You can revert the setting at any time.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Amin, good on you for making it optional.

Thanks, Mike. As a side note, if a member proves time and again that they cannot participate in Other Systems discussions without discourteous behavior, the moderators can enforce this setting, thus barring that member from that section. We don't have a lot of members like that, but it's a handy tool in the mod toolkit.

Mu-43 Legend
From the Mu-43 iOS app I am no longer seeing “other systems” posts under recents. Even though I went and checked “yes” in my preferences to see that form.

Maybe I should just count as my good fortune, but I figured I should report maybe I should just count is my good fortune, but I figured I should reported. it

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
It will always use the most recent setting, meaning that it's not possible to set it one way on the site and another way in the app. Or do you have it set to Yes in both?

beeker

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks Amin!
Any thoughts on offering the same option for the "News and Rumors" section? :)

beeker

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Is it because of Other Systems talk in that section or something else?
The "rumors" part can draw a lot of heated debate... :)
Sometimes the gearhead in me can't help but being drawn into that - but most of the time I wish I had just ignored it soon after :)
I'm at the point where I kind of prefer just to look at new gear when it's actually released. (But I'm not at the point yet, where I'm strong enough to always ignore any new rumor bit :-D )

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Any thoughts on offering the same option for the "News and Rumors" section?
The "rumors" part can draw a lot of heated debate... :)
Sometimes the gearhead in me can't help but being drawn into that - but most of the time I wish I had just ignored it soon after :)

Alright, you got it. Link to Preferences settings: https://www.mu-43.com/account/preferences

news.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't forget to click "Save Changes".

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks. I don’t mind the other systems talk.......I’ll keep them!

Same. I simply like cameras, taking pictures even more. Whatever works for you, & makes you happy. At the minute, it seems to be my G9 & 20mm pancake. Next week, it's entirely possible it will be something different. Actually, it's not possible, more like probable :) As the saying goes, variety is the spice of life.

vbi

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Amin. Tired of the M43 haters and naysayers. The original reasons for my choice of M43 hasn't changed so it is and will remain perfectly suitable for me.
In fact, I think I am only using about 20% of the system's capabilities so I have another 80% to discover!

Latest threads

Top Bottom