1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

"New Posts" - but showing only image contributions

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jermonic, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    I'm having a serious case of equipment-nausea, where I'm pretty tired of reading about new equipment and endless lens-quality discussions (of which I might be guilty myself).

So I was wondering if it's possible to get a page that does what THIS LINK does, but ONLY for all the "Images to share" forums (and perhaps the Native Lens Images).

If it exists, please show me where, and if it doesn't exist, I would love to have the function.

(And I don't mean the gallery/media, just to be clear)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Thanks, but it's not what I meant. That doesn't show a list of recent image-only topics for the "Images to share" forums.

Maybe Amin Sabet can help?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    @Jermonic@Jermonic - sorry, there is no easy way to do that at this time.

4. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Alrightie, thanks for your reply.

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Gracias, it's kind of what I wanted, perhaps with a few more than 29 entries, but hey, it's a great start :)

7. tkbslc

I think those (like me :blush:) that argue about gear post a lot more often than those out shooting awesome photos instead. So I don't know if you'll ever get a dozen new photo shares an hour like you do new gear discussions.

8. tkbslc

I found an (obvious) flaw in this. I specified "today" as the search date, but when I did that the current day was july 28. So it's now only showing posts from that day and not today, 7/29.

All I did was do an advanced search, put * as the search, specified only the "Images to share" section, and picked the current day. So I guess it's not going to be easy to bookmark.

This one just leaves out the date, but sorts by most recent update and only includes threads, not individual posts:

https://www.mu-43.com/search/678057/?q=*&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=53+54+57+56+60+125+88+138

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Hey, that looks quite promising - also I like it to only show whole threads instead of all posts :)

10. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    @Amin Sabet@Amin Sabet: Wouldn't it be possible to make this link as a shortcut under the "Forums" tab? I'd like it :)