New PL 25mm!?!?

pictor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
One of the biggest advantages of µ4/3 is the small size. An 1,4/25mm would not be small. A 2/25mm would be much smaller and hence a better choice (IMHO).

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
One of the biggest advantages of µ4/3 is the small size. An 1,4/25mm would not be small. A 2/25mm would be much smaller and hence a better choice (IMHO).

i know what u're saying but u have to remember that micro four thirds lenses are going to be smaller than the aps-c dslr equivalent due to the nature of the format, so it's likely any wide angle fast prime is also likely to be smaller than the aps-c equivalent. but then again i may be wrong as the 2x crop factor may make it difficult for really wide lenses to be made.

hope u know what i mean :)

I'd personally only buy a new 25mm if it was faster than the 20mm, but either way I hope more fast lenses come out for m4/3, it would really help us to get more out of the system in low light, although Panasonic's recent sensor developments in the LX5 are promising, hope these developments make it to the next m4/3 cameras

zettapixel

Mu-43 Veteran
I agree with your statement, but 20/1.7 makes 25/2 kind of redundant. There is a place for both of them, but a faster lens I think is more anxiously awaited.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom