New pics of the Fuji X-Pro 1

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by turbodieselvw, Jan 8, 2012.

1. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    thats so sexy..

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I like the look, and the built-in VF. I don't like the limited lens selection, and there's still no way to tell how big the thing is.

3. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Apparently that sexy bod is going to cost US$1699.

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Competition for the NEX-7. I wonder if it can justify the rumored 30% or so premium in price. Some reviewers have called the NEX-7 the best APS-C camera made period.

5. turbodieselvw

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
  6. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    ^^If olympus and pana wont do anything to counter this then i have to sell all my mu43 system just to get this..dnt care if its $1699.:biggrin:

7. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    No distance scale on the lenses. I hope it is not focus by wire...

8. turbodieselvw

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Apparently they'll be releasing more lenses later in the year and a Leica M-mount adapter. Can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow.

9. turbodieselvw

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    same here.

10. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    I'd consider selling my Nikon D700 gear to fund this! I've been waiting for a camera like this for a long time, m4/3 is close, but neither Pany nor Oly has released a truly "gotta have it" body yet. They have the lenses I want, just not the body.

11. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    It looks great, but unless those lenses are unfeasibly small that body is substantially bigger than a Pen. If it's as big as it looks then we're getting close to the point where you might just as well have a DSLR, unless you have a particular preference to the classic rangefinder styling.

It's size rather than style that attracts me to MFT and my photography is not so serious that a 12mp 4/3 sensor holds me back. :smile:

12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Think "Leica M9" competitor...(Like the X100 is a Leica X1 competitor) & then you'll understand this new Fuji :smile:

13. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I'd still go for the nex7... The price is justified (since i dont have enough money to buy the fuji anyway) and wouldnt need (but want) the great looks of the x pro.

Built in evf tilt lcd tri-navi wheels and an aps-c sensor... Nex7 is Good enough for me

14. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    There are a decent number of folks who want a Leica, but with AF and a modern viewfinder, and for $2k and not $7k. This camera is for them.

(Indeed, the body is actually slightly larger than the M9).

DH

15. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think I'm happy with my DSLR kit and M43 kit. Size is still the advantage of M43.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    In many ways it's what I've been waiting for. While I've been waiting however I've discovered :43: and can't afford this. Oh, and it's larger than the M9 which is larger than my favourite ever camera, the M2. Yeah, that's my excuse! It's too big! Honest! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  17. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Me 3...I don't know if I would sell all my m43 gear though. But will downsize for sure.

18. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes.. I can't keep up with all the new stuff.. I don't even want to see it.. but I really do.. LOL.. I may now have to sell everything I have and head out on another path.. shessh.. :smile: