1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New pics of the Fuji X-Pro 1

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by turbodieselvw, Jan 8, 2012.

1. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    thats so sexy..

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I like the look, and the built-in VF. I don't like the limited lens selection, and there's still no way to tell how big the thing is.

3. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Apparently that sexy bod is going to cost US$1699.

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Competition for the NEX-7. I wonder if it can justify the rumored 30% or so premium in price. Some reviewers have called the NEX-7 the best APS-C camera made period.

5. turbodieselvw

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
  6. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    ^^If olympus and pana wont do anything to counter this then i have to sell all my mu43 system just to get this..dnt care if its $1699.:biggrin:

7. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    No distance scale on the lenses. I hope it is not focus by wire...

8. turbodieselvw

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Apparently they'll be releasing more lenses later in the year and a Leica M-mount adapter. Can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow.

9. turbodieselvw

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    same here.

10. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    I'd consider selling my Nikon D700 gear to fund this! I've been waiting for a camera like this for a long time, m4/3 is close, but neither Pany nor Oly has released a truly "gotta have it" body yet. They have the lenses I want, just not the body.

11. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    It looks great, but unless those lenses are unfeasibly small that body is substantially bigger than a Pen. If it's as big as it looks then we're getting close to the point where you might just as well have a DSLR, unless you have a particular preference to the classic rangefinder styling.

It's size rather than style that attracts me to MFT and my photography is not so serious that a 12mp 4/3 sensor holds me back. :smile:

12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Think "Leica M9" competitor...(Like the X100 is a Leica X1 competitor) & then you'll understand this new Fuji :smile:

13. Adubo

Adubo SithLord Subscribing Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I'd still go for the nex7... The price is justified (since i dont have enough money to buy the fuji anyway) and wouldnt need (but want) the great looks of the x pro.

Built in evf tilt lcd tri-navi wheels and an aps-c sensor... Nex7 is Good enough for me

14. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    There are a decent number of folks who want a Leica, but with AF and a modern viewfinder, and for $2k and not $7k. This camera is for them.

(Indeed, the body is actually slightly larger than the M9).

DH

15. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I think I'm happy with my DSLR kit and M43 kit. Size is still the advantage of M43.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    In many ways it's what I've been waiting for. While I've been waiting however I've discovered :43: and can't afford this. Oh, and it's larger than the M9 which is larger than my favourite ever camera, the M2. Yeah, that's my excuse! It's too big! Honest! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  17. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Me 3...I don't know if I would sell all my m43 gear though. But will downsize for sure.

18. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes.. I can't keep up with all the new stuff.. I don't even want to see it.. but I really do.. LOL.. I may now have to sell everything I have and head out on another path.. shessh.. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.