new Panny conversion lenses announced

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
:eek:WTF! Ok why are they resorting to add-on conversion lenses for a system has can change the lenses???:confused:

The cheapest m4/3 fisheye is $300. The fisheye conversion lens is $100.
The cheapest m4/3 macro lens is $650. The macro conversion lens is $120.

Not hard to see why people might appreciate the choice.

DH

Lumixy

Mu-43 Regular
The cheapest m4/3 fisheye is $300. The fisheye conversion lens is $100.
The cheapest m4/3 macro lens is $650. The macro conversion lens is $120.

Not hard to see why people might appreciate the choice.

DH

Very true dhazeghi. :2thumbs:

I'm broke right now and looking forward to buying some new glass. Wish they were out already.

I really like the 14mm and shes a keeper for me and delighted of the news that I could expand it's use with the converters.

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
It would be cool to see how they compare with Raynox products. I got Raynox DCR-250 2.5x Super Macro Lens and am happy with it.

dropbyf1l1p-d4ka4f3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Has anyone tried any of the conversion lenses yet? I recently picked up the 14-42mm PZ lens and these look like an inexpensive way to expand the reach. Its appears that all 4 of the conversion lenses (fisheye, wide, macro, and tele) work with the 14-42 PZ. The wide and tele plus the 14-42 PZ would make for a very small yet versatile kit, broadening the reach of the lens to 11-84mm (22-168mm in 35mm terms) - great for a light travel kit.

To those asking why would you use these, besides the much lower costs, there is also the portability factor - less stuff to lug around is always good.

neon123

Mu-43 Rookie
I've got the wide angle one and love it, there really isn't much of a drop-off in quality.
It's easy to just use the 14mm with the screw-on adaptor ring as a mini-hood, then twist on the wide angle convertor when needed.

Latest threads

Top Bottom