New Panny 12-60mm lens announced

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by srhphoto, Feb 24, 2016.

1. srhphoto

srhphoto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 26, 2012
    This looks interesting.....

Panasonic announces the new 12-60mm MFT lens! – 43 Rumors

Would've been nice for it to have been a constant f4, but if it performs well throughout its zoom range I could live with the slower f3.5 to f5.6. Really pleased to see weather sealing on it :).

Roll on the reviews!

• Like Like x 1
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What are you going to do with f4 that you can't do with f5.6? F4 isn't exactly a bokeh machine or great in low light.
  3. kreegah bundolo

kreegah bundolo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    Sweden, north of the dalälv
    Weathersealing "When mounted on a compatible LUMIX G Mirrorless camera", so it wont be weathersealed on a M5?
  4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. srhphoto

srhphoto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 26, 2012
    Could not agree more. However, a constant aperture throughout the zoom range means if I'm marginal on shutter speed I don't have to worry about it changing as I change my framing. Same for if I'm using my non TTL cactus wireless flash system at say a family birthday or other event. Absolutely not a deal breaker, but a constant f4 would make life easier.

6. srhphoto

srhphoto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 26, 2012
    Missed that thread completely, sorry.

Mods - lock or merge this thread if that's more appropriate.
  7. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    It's in the "news and rumors" section, not in the "native lens" section... I've seen it only because of the link above.
  8. Palmguy

Palmguy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    I'll be getting this lens. 24-120 is a great walkaround range, and water resistance will be nice. I'd rather have the little bit extra on the wide end than the longer reach of the 14-140.
    • Like Like x 2