New Panny 12-60mm lens announced

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by srhphoto, Feb 24, 2016.

1. srhphoto

srhphoto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 26, 2012
    This looks interesting.....

Panasonic announces the new 12-60mm MFT lens! – 43 Rumors

Would've been nice for it to have been a constant f4, but if it performs well throughout its zoom range I could live with the slower f3.5 to f5.6. Really pleased to see weather sealing on it :).

Roll on the reviews!

• Like Like x 1
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

What are you going to do with f4 that you can't do with f5.6? F4 isn't exactly a bokeh machine or great in low light.
  3. kreegah bundolo

kreegah bundolo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    Sweden, north of the dalälv
    Weathersealing "When mounted on a compatible LUMIX G Mirrorless camera", so it wont be weathersealed on a M5?
  4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. srhphoto

srhphoto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 26, 2012
    Could not agree more. However, a constant aperture throughout the zoom range means if I'm marginal on shutter speed I don't have to worry about it changing as I change my framing. Same for if I'm using my non TTL cactus wireless flash system at say a family birthday or other event. Absolutely not a deal breaker, but a constant f4 would make life easier.

6. srhphoto

srhphoto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 26, 2012
    Missed that thread completely, sorry.

Mods - lock or merge this thread if that's more appropriate.
  7. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2014
    It's in the "news and rumors" section, not in the "native lens" section... I've seen it only because of the link above.
  8. Palmguy

Palmguy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2013
    NW Florida
    I'll be getting this lens. 24-120 is a great walkaround range, and water resistance will be nice. I'd rather have the little bit extra on the wide end than the longer reach of the 14-140.
    • Like Like x 2