1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Panasonic Sensors

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by GFFPhoto, Mar 28, 2013.

1. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
  2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yup, diffractive optics have great potential!

3. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    I want to believe, but it sounds way too early for it. We'll probably see it in smaller sensors first before they roll it out to larger ones. I'd say it's at least two years out for a first generation of m43 sensors... if we're lucky. Although, with their restructuring, maybe they'll license this out to Sony to build on....

4. rossi46

rossi46 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    This sounds like a more interesting rumours than the other thread (Panasonic building Full Frame) rumours with 14 pages of slagging... hehe :).

I am more enthutiastic of this one. I hope it has 14 pages of nice information here about this new sensor.

Linking back to the other thread about Full Frame. Here's my thoughts (or you can say daydreams...hehe).

If Panasonic really has this breakthrough with sensor technology, then there will be less reason for a Full Frame, because this small sensor can get really close in Dynamic Range performance or High ISO performance.
    This leaves only shallow DOF as the only valid reason for Full Frame. IF, they can make lense with F0.95 or even some breakthrough in physics technology, even an F0.7, and with a not too expensive price....Argh.....
    there you have it,...compact system with near to Full Frame DOF, near to full frame DR, near to full frame high ISO performance....

OK...my daydream is over...

5. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    You are probably right, but they did say Panasonic will announce a new camera line along with updated G and GF models.

6. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    GX2 or G6 with Micro Splitter Sensor = wet dream.

Although I also think it's too early for availability.

7. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
  8. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
  9. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    *sigh* It'll probably be like Canon's new sensor tech, not to soon in the consumer grade electronics. They should work together and get this stuff out to us quicker...

10. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Ah, yes. But that would be assuming the camera companies are really concerned with what we want. It's clear to me that camera makers have been routinely sitting on technology that's about 90 percent ready for market. But they don't introduce it because they don't need to. But if one company (usually a smaller player) breaks from the pack and comes out with a new technology, watch how quickly the others match it. They couldn't do that if they didn't essentially have it on the shelf already.