New Panasonic lenses.

Jamus

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter Jamus
The 14mm is a very tempting piece of glass, I must say. That's the ideal focal length I had originally wanted for my GF1.
I'll have to wait for reviews, and comparisons between the 20mm and 14, first. :p

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Also big news is the 3D support on G2

Also, a trifecta of firmware updates (detailed after the break) are slated for release this fall, with the most major of them enabling the Lumix G2 to play nice with the H-FT012 3D lens.
- Curious if Panasonic will release it also on GF/H1 (probably they will at least on GF2 - but we have to wait another 3-4 months on that camera)

The 14 mm is nice length to have in collection, but where is the really fast portrait?

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
I wanna start shooting in 3D.
This can be done with the G2 (body Euro 500) plus the 3D lens (Euro300 ?).
That makes a total of Euro 800.
The new 3D camera from Fuji costs Euro 450.
What you advice? Fuji or Pan ? Why ?
When will the 3D lens be available?

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I wanna start shooting in 3D.
This can be done with the G2 (body Euro 500) plus the 3D lens (Euro300 ?).
That makes a total of Euro 800.
The new 3D camera from Fuji costs Euro 450.
What you advice? Fuji or Pan ? Why ?
When will the 3D lens be available?
At this forum we of course advice you m43!!!
- Or do you want to hear something else?

mgowin

Mu-43 Regular
What I really want in m4/3 lenses

The 3D lens seems gimmicky to me and I'm not interested in another slow zoom. Probably like some others here, I have a DSLR (Nikon D700) for serious/client work and keep the GF1 for a carry around/travel camera. To make the m4/3 system ideal for that use, I'd like to have a set of three fast AF primes for my GF1. By fast, I mean f/2 or better.

Here's my wish list:

1. 28mm (or wider) equivalent - new 14mm hits that spot (although it's not extremely fast at f/2.5)
  2. 50mm equivalent - Pany 20mm is close enough at 40mm equiv and plenty fast at f/1.7
  3. 90mm equivalent - Leica 45mm macro? Pricey and could be faster.

Sure, you can use adapters for non-m4/3 lenses but you lose AF. Fast, native primes with AF would be super and, I think, broaden the appeal of the format. Plus, if they have fast, wide apertures, they don't need to have image stabilization built into the lens--easier to develop and lower cost. Slow zooms and gimmicky lenses simply keep the m4/3 format in the consumer camp, IMO.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
engadget has lower prices than those listed above at $400, $600 and $250 respectively. Inclined not to put much store in this as they also quote the GH2 at $900 which I assume is body only. No one else has mentioned a body only option but it would make sense.
Panasonic's $900 Lumix GH2 officially debuts: 16MP, 1080p movie mode, 3D interchangeable lens -- Engadget
This store seems to confirm Engadget pricing - though the obviously have the wrong picture up for the 3D lens.

Kenmore Camera - Panasonic

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I was thinking I probably do not need the 14/2.5 since I have the GF1 kit lens that zooms down to 14 ... until I saw this. Then I thought the 20/1.7 and 14/2.5 would make a nice walk around pair. DP Review has some nice info here: Panasonic DMC-GH2 Preview: 5. 14mm F2.5 Pancake Lens: Digital Photography Review. Heck, I want those new front and rear lens caps for my 20!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom