New Panasonic Lenses--UK Pricing on DPReview

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hope I'm not repeating something that's already been posted elsewhere ... but saw this on DPR

Panasonic announces three new Lumix lenses: Digital Photography Review

which prices the 14mm pancake at ~£350, the 100-300mm zoom at ~£550 and the "3D" lens at ~£250

On the zoom, that is a substantial difference from the new Olympus which has been suggested on DPR as being priced at 899Euros (~£770). Be interesting to see if there's a substantial difference in IQ, AF speed etc. that might account for the premium, even though the Olympus is a little slower aperture-wise

But at £550, I might easily be persuaded to flog my 4/3 70-300mm to part-finance a new 100-300mm ...

hmmm ...

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
... I see Amazon.com have these priced at US$600 ; that would be about £380 in the UK ...

Local pricing, dontcha love it?

(Er, no ...)

dko22

Mu-43 Regular
I'm sure the 100-300 will before long be on sale for around £450 which doesn't seem bad but fortunately I don't really need that range. I have to say I'm not entirely convinced of the point of the 14. Less than a stop brighter than the 14-45/42, its IQ will have to be something special to justify the steep asking price (though no doubt the price will settle around that of the 20). But then again, there is something attractive about such a tiny lens! Neither of those are likely to be finding their way into my bag. If by some miracle they manage to pull off something like a fast 12-75 zoom which isn't too expensive or heavy, then I might be interested. At the moment, most of my interest is focussed on the GH2.

sinophilia

Mu-43 Regular
The 100-300 is already at £449 on this site.
I already bought two lenses from this shop and they've been very nice.
They are accepting pre-orders but are not very sure about the availability date...

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm sure the 100-300 will before long be on sale for around £450 which doesn't seem bad but fortunately I don't really need that range. I have to say I'm not entirely convinced of the point of the 14. Less than a stop brighter than the 14-45/42, its IQ will have to be something special to justify the steep asking price (though no doubt the price will settle around that of the 20). But then again, there is something attractive about such a tiny lens! Neither of those are likely to be finding their way into my bag. If by some miracle they manage to pull off something like a fast 12-75 zoom which isn't too expensive or heavy, then I might be interested. At the moment, most of my interest is focussed on the GH2.

I think its all about the small size and the optical performance will be better than the kit lens at the 14mm.
"fast 12-75 zoom" Now that would be on my buying list

Danny_Two

Mu-43 Regular
Park Cameras have the 14mm at £330 and the 300mm at £500, I find they generally have the best prices in the UK for mft stuff.

sinophilia

Mu-43 Regular
So I pre-ordered the 100-300 from Mathers... it should become available around the middle of this month. Hope to put my hands on it by the end of November. Then I guess my 45-200 will go on eBay before prices fall too much.

blue

Mu-43 Veteran
100-300mm delayed until mid Dec?

I have had this lens on preorder, original dispatch given for arrival this week - just got email to say it will now be another 5-6 weeks !

Not impressed.

sinophilia

Mu-43 Regular
I have had this lens on preorder, original dispatch given for arrival this week - just got email to say it will now be another 5-6 weeks !

Not impressed.

where did you pre-order it? I guess some retailers are overly optimistic about availability.

blue

Mu-43 Veteran
Amazon UK site from Amazon themselves (not a reseller), it appeared a good few weeks ago. I'm keeping an eye out elsewhere now however.

blue

Mu-43 Veteran
Amazon are still showing mid Dec

I'll give them another week or so then speak to Mathers. Anyone else got dispatch notices ?

sinophilia

Mu-43 Regular
Well, why buy it at £599 when you can have it for £449? As I said, I already bought two lenses from Mathers some months ago and everything went very smoothly. Can't wait to try this new baby on my GF1!

Latest threads

Top Bottom