1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Panasonic GX1 BODY $222.99

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Halaking, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Not much deal since after X'mas. I just found a new Panasonic GX1 body is selling $ 222.99 @ eBay(buy.com):eek:, buy.com also authorized dealer, so there is no warranty issue, I just bought one for my self as 2nd body to my OMD:wink:, even I need to pay tax from CA, I still want one, I believe it is the lowest price I have ever seen, I guess even GX2 is coming out, but GX1 body won't sell below $199-249.

New Panasonic Lumix DMC GX1 16 Megapixel Mirrorless Camera Body Only Black 885170065529 | eBay

2. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

I am always amazed at the prices you guys in the US are getting. In The Netherlands this camera is still about 450 euro (600 dollars) for body only. I bought one recently at Amazon UK for about 450 dollars, still nowhere near the US prices. Unfortunately importing from the US is often not an option as you get hit hard with import taxes and duties.

3. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    That's very true! but I think we pay much higher personal tax here in the US, just my guess.

The lowest price for the GX1 body from the big sellers(authorized dealers) are set at $319 as recently dropped about 2 weeks ago, somehow this buy.com(authorized dealer too) has this price on ebay, maybe it's price error, even though; I think they will honor the price.

4. onurpnr

onurpnr Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    You are still lucky man. In Turkey its much worse. we pay exactly the double or US prices.

5. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

If you are talking income tax I doubt that very much...:) Our highest tax bracket is 52% and you really don't have to have a huge salary to reach that bracket...

6. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    :eek::eek::eek: WOW, thats temping me to buy another one

7. Boneyard

Boneyard Mu-43 Regular

Oct 5, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Well, you got me...

Good find. I now have a 2nd :43: body.

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Great deal!

9. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Good things its not silver, else my Paypal would be lighter right now. Excellent deal, though.

10. fotofun

fotofun New to Mu-43

May 6, 2011
  11. RK777

RK777 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 22, 2013
    Texas
    Robert
    Great deal indeed!

A GX-1 at $299 and the Sigma prime pair at $199. A great kit for $500. Terrific deal.

12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    But in Turkey you have Istanbul, here we have ... Stanton, New Jersey.

• Like Like x 1
  13. musicmaster

musicmaster Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 19, 2012
    Istanbul is amazing.

14. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    We are as of January, certainly. :wink:

I never begrudge our British cousins the occasional sale. I'm always amazed at the the prices when I'm in the UK, especially the food. Of course, maybe we'd be a bit lighter if we had to pay more for nibbling.

15. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Not Constantinople ...

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vankaSlfSr0]Istanbul - The Four Lads - YouTube[/ame] :smile:

16. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I ordered one, then got an email saying they couldn't ship to me and cancelled. Went to site to reorder and it was $399. I think they are pulling a fast one with me!:mad:

17. simonz

simonz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    New England
    Amazon has the GX1 Body in stock for $319 with a 30 day standard return for Prime buyers. I got one and it's a great deal at that price.

With m4/3 bodies, it's costly to buy them when they first are released and big $$$ savings to wait.

18. juangrande

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    As reported a few days ago, Unique Photo has them for $299 w/free standard shipping. Silver one.

19. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I got it at the $229 price around noon EST. I received a confirmation email and so far no cancellation notice .... yet. Maybe it was a pricing error and they caught and cancelled the ones that were not confirmed by email. We'll see if they honor it for the rest.

Assuming I get it this is going to replace my GF2 as my second body to my silver GX1.

20. juangrande

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I ordered mine at around the same time. Got confirmation from them and paypal. Later a cancellation. I sent an email to them complaining. I guess Monday I'll find out.