New Panasonic 12-35mm $1085 (eBay seller)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Aegon, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
  2. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Hmm I thought the seller (and their graphics) look familiar.

I bought a 14-42mm X PZ lens from them last month. They didn't mention it was pulled from a kit and came with no rear-cap. They just wrapped the bare lens in bubble wrap and taped it shut. I'm a newb, but is that really a good practice to send it like that?
  3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Pretty standard grey market stuff. No warranty, buyer beware, etc.
  4. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Yeah but the warranty is probably based in Taiwan which will be a pain. There was one seller out of the states who was selling then for $1100 with a US warranty
  5. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Yeah I almost hopped on that one, it was out of Indiana.

Ultimately I ended up purchasing from a local retailer. I didn't want to take the risk with such and expensive lens, especially considering they just were released. With a $400 lens such as the Olympus 45mm, I didn't have too many worries if something ended up not turning out wrong.
  6. Sanpaku

Sanpaku Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
  7. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    My plan since they announced that lens was to wait until it hit that sub-$1000 mark. I agree that the early adopter market should be filled quickly since they are readily available now.

I have the same plan for trying the E-M5. Wait for a good holiday deal for a $500-ish body only, then pick one up to try. I've lost too much early adopting in :43: already. The GX1 and most of my lenses are good enough to wait out initial prices now.
  8. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    I like your username :thumbup: