New Panasonic 12-35mm $1085 (eBay seller)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Aegon, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
  2. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Hmm I thought the seller (and their graphics) look familiar.

I bought a 14-42mm X PZ lens from them last month. They didn't mention it was pulled from a kit and came with no rear-cap. They just wrapped the bare lens in bubble wrap and taped it shut. I'm a newb, but is that really a good practice to send it like that?

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Pretty standard grey market stuff. No warranty, buyer beware, etc.

4. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Yeah but the warranty is probably based in Taiwan which will be a pain. There was one seller out of the states who was selling then for $1100 with a US warranty

5. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Yeah I almost hopped on that one, it was out of Indiana.

Ultimately I ended up purchasing from a local retailer. I didn't want to take the risk with such and expensive lens, especially considering they just were released. With a $400 lens such as the Olympus 45mm, I didn't have too many worries if something ended up not turning out wrong.

6. Sanpaku

Sanpaku Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
  7. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    My plan since they announced that lens was to wait until it hit that sub-$1000 mark. I agree that the early adopter market should be filled quickly since they are readily available now.

I have the same plan for trying the E-M5. Wait for a good holiday deal for a $500-ish body only, then pick one up to try. I've lost too much early adopting in :43: already. The GX1 and most of my lenses are good enough to wait out initial prices now.

8. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    I like your username :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.