New Oregon member

mlwebb

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi folks,
I live in mid Willamette Valley in Oregon. After reading reviews and forum posts for a few weeks relative to micro 4/3, today I ordered a black E-PL1 through my local camera store - as a new model they're the same price all over, so I figured the local guy could probably use my business.

I enjoy fly fishing and fly tying, and photographing flies is one of the things I intend to use the new camera for. Some fly's are pretty darn small, so dpreviews comments about the kit 14-42mm lens macro performance were encouraging. I am looking for a good deal on an EX-25 extension, and next time I am feeling flush (a rare and usually very temporary experience), the 50mm f2 macro.

I also plan to take the E-PL1 along fishing (though not in the water:smile:. A few weeks ago I was scouting a local creek looking for winter steelhead when an otter popped his head up and started to scold me for intruding, a second later his mate's head appeared and joined him. I assume they had pups nearby - would have made a very nice little video clip - it was a beautiful spot, but only one you can get if you have a camera on you - mine was in the car. I considered a p/s waterproof for a while - like the panasonic dmc-ts1, but once I ran into the micro 4/3 idea, I wanted one. I took my time and considered the pro's and con's of each camera, and the E-PL1 won (barely, with or without cost difference). If I could have got the GF1 screen on the E-P2 body with the E-PL1 features and flash, I would have been a happy man, but such is life.:rolleyes:

The option of fitting other lenses via adapters is interesting (I like d.i.y. projects) and have an old Nikkor 55mm 1.2 sitting around gathering dust that might be a fun experiment.
regards,
Michael

Latest threads

Top Bottom