1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New OMD-EM5 II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by VR8, Jun 26, 2015.

1. VR8

VR8 New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2015
    New to the OMD and have spent a lot of time configuring it. I was wondering if there is a way to assign ISO to one dial and aperture or speed to the other dial?

Thanks

2. T83m

T83m New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2014
    ISO is on one dial if you switch the camera in mode 2. WB on the second dial. But if you don't want to use the switch, there is the possibility to assign ISO to a fn-button.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  3. VR8

VR8 New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2015
    This is one of my issues with the camera a lot of things require two steps ( push this turn that). Not exactly a camera to adjust in the fly. Besides you have to remember what to press and what to turn.

4. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    What camera doesn't? Want to change ISO on a Canon? Push ISO, turn dial.

5. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Fuji X-T1 and Nikon Df. :laugh1:

But yeah, most digital cameras require at least two steps. For me, I'm fine with it as I've gotten accustomed to it and on my E-M5 Mk.II, I've assigned the "REC" button to bring up my ISO/WB with the ISO assigned to the back dial as it's more intuitive that way for me. Also, for me, I've found it much quicker to access and change my ISO/WB this way rather than using the 2x2 switch.

To the OP, any new camera will have a learning curve where you as well as you're fingers need to get accustomed and eventually have muscle memory where your fingers know exactly what to do without having to even think about it.