1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

New OM-D E-M10 for $246

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by StefanKruse, May 20, 2015.

1. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    Ever since one of my fellow forum members suggested I consider a new camera rather than a new lens I have been haunted by the idea of buying the OM-D E-M10.

Today I succeeded buying the camera for what essentially amounts to $246! First I was pointed to the idea of selling my VF-4 as this would be redundant with the E-M10 (I am keeping the E-PL5 for UW photography) I did that for $150 (more than I paid myself) Then Olympus introduced their Cash-back which is $112 in Denmark and finally my local shop introduced a discount of $164 and everything came into place. With an initial price of $671 and savings of $425, I can pick up my new E-M10 for only $246 next week. (net to me - I know the VF-4 doesn't really count)

Boy am I excited.

• Like Like x 3
  2. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    Nice, I ended up getting mine for ~$80 net (actually less than $10 if you count credit card cashback), after selling everything that came with it, during that Amazon fiasco a couple of weeks ago =).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    But ... now you don't have a VF-4 ...
    Still a good deal, your local shop really slashed the price! $164 off!

4. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    True no VF-4, but I only got that for framing in very bright conditions and the viewfinder on the E-M10 should do so just well. Truth is I didn't even find it that useful and the fact that I needed to carry it and had to put it on and off was a limiting factor.

I found the price slashing timing a bit odd (I know amazon and BH did the same but the timing with the cash-back was sort of double whammy.

5. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I got one for about $175 thanks to Amazon's rebates a few weeks back. Ordered a body with 2 14-42 and 2 40-150 lens, and sold them for about $325 total. I'll probably sell my E-PL5 now, but with the prices so low and a bit of cosmetic damage I'm not sure how much I'll make on that. I may just hang on to it as a backup.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    The viewfinders won't fit on the em10 anyhow.

Great buy stefan! I hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  7. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Mu-43 Regular

Mar 20, 2015
    Iowa
    Crazy prices abound. Amazon is selling the Sony A3000 for $260 with the kit lens.