1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New OM-D E-M10 for $246

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by StefanKruse, May 20, 2015.

1. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    Ever since one of my fellow forum members suggested I consider a new camera rather than a new lens I have been haunted by the idea of buying the OM-D E-M10.

Today I succeeded buying the camera for what essentially amounts to $246! First I was pointed to the idea of selling my VF-4 as this would be redundant with the E-M10 (I am keeping the E-PL5 for UW photography) I did that for $150 (more than I paid myself) Then Olympus introduced their Cash-back which is $112 in Denmark and finally my local shop introduced a discount of $164 and everything came into place. With an initial price of $671 and savings of $425, I can pick up my new E-M10 for only $246 next week. (net to me - I know the VF-4 doesn't really count)

Boy am I excited.

• Like Like x 3
  2. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    Nice, I ended up getting mine for ~$80 net (actually less than $10 if you count credit card cashback), after selling everything that came with it, during that Amazon fiasco a couple of weeks ago =).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    But ... now you don't have a VF-4 ...
    Still a good deal, your local shop really slashed the price! $164 off!

4. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    True no VF-4, but I only got that for framing in very bright conditions and the viewfinder on the E-M10 should do so just well. Truth is I didn't even find it that useful and the fact that I needed to carry it and had to put it on and off was a limiting factor.

I found the price slashing timing a bit odd (I know amazon and BH did the same but the timing with the cash-back was sort of double whammy.

5. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I got one for about $175 thanks to Amazon's rebates a few weeks back. Ordered a body with 2 14-42 and 2 40-150 lens, and sold them for about $325 total. I'll probably sell my E-PL5 now, but with the prices so low and a bit of cosmetic damage I'm not sure how much I'll make on that. I may just hang on to it as a backup.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    The viewfinders won't fit on the em10 anyhow.

Great buy stefan! I hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  7. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Mu-43 Regular

Mar 20, 2015
    Iowa
    Crazy prices abound. Amazon is selling the Sony A3000 for $260 with the kit lens.