1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Olympus Viewer 3 update - version 1.21

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by tomO2013, Feb 5, 2014.

1. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    New update available for Olympus Viewer 3.

Although dated December 28th, 2013, I only got the update notification this evening.

The overview list of improvements reads :
    Ver. 1.21 December 28, 2013
    * Improved image quality of RAW Development.
    * Fixed the problem that the application might fail to import images from the camera after updating software to the version 1.2.

The associated readme file does also make mention of :
    Funnily enough, on previous builds of OV3, I had noticed that the in camera noise reduction looked to produce much better JPEG output compared with OV3 when using similar settings (comparing OOC jpeg with RAW processed in OV3 with same noise reduction settings).
    Often times I thought the default OOC jpeg looked best, particularly in terms of sharpening of areas in focus and non sharpening on areas out of focus on the E-M1 in camera JPEG engine, if that makes sense; or I'm possibly imaging it?!.
    I'm gonna have a play around with this and see what sorts of IQ improvements, if any, there are in the new build of OV3.

Enjoy :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

All the update versions info can be seen here
    with the following on the web page.

( Feb 04, 2014 )

- Improved image quality of RAW Development.
    - ixed the problem that the application might fail to import images from the camera after updating software to the version 1.2.

It also seems they were in a bit of a hurry to get it out too, with a slight 'typo' (missed letter). :wink: (we'll see how long it takes to be corrected)