1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Olympus UK OM-D Promotion

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by harry_s, Jan 25, 2013.

1. harry_s

harry_s Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I found this last night...

For a limited period you can claim either the outstanding M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Portrait lens worth £279.99 or an HLD-6 2-part battery grip worth £229.99 on redemption with an extra BLN-1 battery worth £59.99 whichever you choose.

Available from selected stockists including all Olympus Elite Centres - offer valid from 1st February until 31st March 2013.

So in short, you can choose either the 45mm 1.8 and a battery, or the HLD-6 and a battery when you buy an OM-D from Feb 1st onwards from official UK stockists.

Fantastic deal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's impressive.

3. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    I wonder why they don't do this in the US?

Tapatalk.

4. RR76

RR76 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    South Wales UK
    Because US OM-D prices are less than 2/3 of UK prices...

5. NJH

NJH Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    South West England
    I can't find this promotion just an extension to the free 45mm one which ends at the end of the month?

6. sabestian

sabestian Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2012
    It says it starts 1st Feb, doesn't it?

That's my understanding...

7. nikki

nikki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2010
    dublin ireland
    I got a deal before 31st december buy OMD and get 45mm free - I didnt get a free battery and I am still waiting on the 45mm :mad:

8. harry_s

harry_s Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Yep as stated the offer doesn't start until Feb 1st, the current deal is just for the 45mm, that one runs out on Jan 31st.

Usually the items take 28 days to arrive. I'm still waiting for my cashback from Panasonic from December 31st.

9. mfj197

mfj197 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2012
    Guildford, UK
    Michael
    My 45 turned up today, claimed on 4 Jan if I remember correctly. So they are coming out. Hope yours does soon.
    Michael

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  10. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Good deal actually been thinking through my photography options as I had to sell all my DSLR kit just before Xmas.

With a free grip I could be tempted to get another OMD as I was very impressed with my previous one!

11. NJH

NJH Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    South West England
    Thanks guys I will keep my eye open for it after next week. Tempted to try the OMD again for the simple reason that there is nothing else like it on the market at the moment. The 45 was my favourite lens as well. Will go silver this time though.

12. nikki

nikki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2010
    dublin ireland
    Just got my Oly 45mm today in post :smile:(super lens) - still waiting on my cash back from panasonic !

13. pertgate01

pertgate01 New to Mu-43

Jan 31, 2012
    I was always wondering...why do things cost more in the UK? Do people in the UK make more money? Kind of like how it is very expensive to live in New York but the average salary is also higher than, lets say, someone who lives in Wyoming?

14. pertgate01

pertgate01 New to Mu-43

Jan 31, 2012
    I just did the conversion. 992 pounds is equal to 1562 US dollars. I would not pay that amount for the OMD unless the average salary were higher. Why don't people in the UK ask friends/family in the U.S. to ship over an import OMD? I can't imagine customs to be as much as the difference in cost ($562). Sorry if this is a stupid question. I don't understand economics at all.

15. sabestian

sabestian Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2012
    It is.

Living in Europe is a luxury and costs accordingly. :rofl:

16. Kiwicasper

Kiwicasper New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2013
    The problem with getting it shipped over from the US is you still have to pay lokal taxes for it, witch in my case is 25% in Denmark. Add to that the cost of shipping and all the warranty issues its just not viable to buy it in the US. For me at least.

17. NJH

NJH Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    South West England
    I wish we were paid more, truth is the UK is great for the uber rich and a pretty expensive place to live for everyone else. To things into context $80K PA is considered a lot of money, its about double the average and tends to be considered a ball park salary for a profession. In southern England a decent sized 3 bed house cost about $400K.

Back on the cameras Olympus products tend to be very expensive here and I think it is in part why the Fujis seem popular here. The X-E1 kit for example costs about the same as the EM5 body on its own. X-pro 1 body is currently only £80 more than the EM5. EP3 was the same and was a big part of why I went for the Fuji X100 as at the time it dropped to only a bit more than the price of the EP3 body. Crazy stuff camera prices, Amazon are selling of the Nikon V1 kit for £230.

18. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    I'm just about to pull the trigger on the E-M5 here in New Zealand. I've just missed out on the last promotion for the accessories pack, but am loving the possibility of Olympus AU/NZ following in the path of the UK and offering the 45mm or HLD-6 bonus...

Does anyone know if other regions typically follow suit? Or are all promotions generally totally different for each region?