1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New Olympus Rebates

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by merosen, Sep 18, 2012.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    The 40-150 for $99 with camera purchase looks very attractive, but it seems that the rebates only apply to purchases with the current Pens and E-M5 (not with the E-PL5 or E-PM2). Oh well,

DH

2. adzinets

adzinets New to Mu-43

Sep 16, 2012
    I haven't been able to get a EM-5 in time for the first rebate, and so now sitting and waiting for another one or a price drop. In the meantime playing with my new E-PM1 - nice little camera except for lack of physical controls.

3. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    I think it's $199 after rebate.
    The previous olympus sale was much better, you could pick up the 45mm f1.8 for $250!

4. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    This is upsetting. I just bought my 40-150mm on Sept. 11th. The rebate is for purchases beginning on the 13th.

5. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    How fast can you run back to that store and exchange that lens?? I would, unless you purchased it on the internet. If that is the case, I would contact them to ask about exchange.:rofl:

6. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    I purchased it on the Internet from BH Photo. Unfortunately I'm going on vacation this weekend and I'm taking the lens with me.

7. theconejo

theconejo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 31, 2012
    chicago.
    You should call them up. Most shops will honor this type of thing if it's within a time frame, sometimes 14 days sometimes a month. Don't lose out on the savings. Basically they should because if you wanted to you could just return the item, as long as it is within the return time period, and repurchase it at the same moment, thus getting the rebate.

Not photo related but in March I built up a new comp with components mainly from Newegg. About a week after getting said parts, and not installing or even opening them there was a huge sale. I called their customer service dept. and asked nicely about getting money credited back. They were happy to help.