1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New Olympus Pen Accessory Compatibility Chart

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Blue Cube Imaging, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Blue Cube Imaging

Blue Cube Imaging Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2010
    Southern Oregon, USA
    Olympus USA emailed their dealers an updated Accessory Compatibility Chart today, here it is:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Thanks. Do you have a link to the location of the chart?

3. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Thank god the body caps works with all models!

• Like Like x 2
  4. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    :rofl:

I feel cheated, no mention of the flash cover. Now, that would be interesting to see the e-p1 cover fully compatible with all bodies, while e-p2 and later model incompatible with the '1'. :biggrin:

Cheers,

5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    You know, there was a day that this was a serious issue with Nikon. The old BF-1 and newer BF-1a weren't always interchangable. The BF-1 (I think) potentially damaged AF contacts in the body, and the BF-1a was so loose on some non-AF bodies as to drop off in your bag.

I'm thankful they aren't nasty push-on caps too!

I do wish they'd resurrected the script PEN "F" from the old PENs.

6. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    They did. There's a special e-p2 kit where lens caps have the Fraktur 'F' of the original pen instead of Olympus written on.

Olympus announces special edition kits for the E-P2 camera in black: Digital Photography Review
    [edit] Just checked, the cap alone can be ordered online on oly website as part # LC37 Logo for the moderate sum of 49,90 € :mad: c'mon guys, this is just a plastic lump F$%# ! :dash2:

Cheers,

7. Blue Cube Imaging

Blue Cube Imaging Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2010
    Southern Oregon, USA
    No link. Olympus emailed a PDF and I converted it to jpg to upload here.

8. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France

You know, I was only half-joking when I mentioned the hotshoe cover compatibility. As a diehard OM user, I've seen the mess Olympus made with hotshoes in those days. Believe it, there are 4 accessory shoes models in the OM line, for basically 3 different camera models. Shoe #1 is OM-1 only, #2 & #3 are for the original OM-2 depending on your flash model (Auto 310 requires #2 while later T-xx flash depends on a #3 hotshoe) and #4 is for OM-1n/2n. Luckily, they ended the madness there, all other camera models have a fixed, build-in hotshoe.

Those where tiny, flimsy bits of plastic that always got you cornered between a rock and a hard place : either you'd let them screwed on top of the prism and they broke from abuse, or you'd carefully pack them away and you'd ultimately lose them. And now that the system is long discontinued, those shoes that were mainly plastic start to crumble anyway because that plastic doesn't age well !

So understandably, those accessory shoes are a 'hot' subject among OM ol'timers. They were truly the weakest link in the otherwise brilliant first TTL flash system in the world, its Achilles' heel.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/flash/index1.htm

Cheers,

9. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Thank you for this...