New Olympus OM-D Teaser Trailer

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
..... Still, the lenses will definitely be smaller.

I don't know about that. Some of the Olympus PRO lenses are huge and heavier than the FF ones.

I have both the 300 f/4 in the Olympus and Nikon variety. The Nikon full-frame is half the weight and a lot shorter than the Olympus 300mm. The Nikon 300mm does not need a tripod mount nor comes with one. Sort of surprising, but it is their PF (Fresnel lens) one and maybe more plastic in the body too. Cheaper too by $500 than the Olympus.

The Olympus 300mm lens may be sharper though. Still comparing the two. I've seen some odd behavior with the 300mm Nikon PF and I don't know if it is due to the Fresnel optics or not. Below is an extreme 400-500% blowup of some gantry where the word "Warning" is sharp in the middle yet fuzzy towards the outsides with the Nikon PF lens. Scanning around the image seems to show a lot of these "It's sharp here, but move a little to the side and it's not sharp there."

C307019.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
I don't know about that. Some of the Olympus PRO lenses are huge and heavier than the FF ones.

I have both the 300 f/4 in the Olympus and Nikon variety. The Nikon full-frame is half the weight and a lot shorter than the Olympus 300mm. The Nikon 300mm does not need a tripod mount nor comes with one. Sort of surprising, but it is their PF (Fresnel lens) one and maybe more plastic in the body too. Cheaper too by $500 than the Olympus.

Equivalence! (................runs!)

whumber

Mu-43 Top Veteran

You'd probably be surprised by how much of the 300 PRO, and the PRO lenses in general, is made of plastic.

thingscutinhalf-12.jpg

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
So this is how it looks like :)

sp_camera_fz2h_keyvisual_dark.jpg

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
hmm, thought you could do it better so I made this one...

Very thrilling! :laugh1:

omdx.jpg

ph.

Mu-43 Regular
New kit keeps the company alive, but a very simple firmware update to the PenF making it possible to totally disable the round dial on the back would also be worth paying for.

p.

Bengeo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Andy
Looks like it. It seems like a zoom lens, but the hood is definitely not the one for 40-150 pro. Looks no larger than 40-150 pro, too, which is nice.

I asked the photographer Kelley L Cox about this on Facebook and got this reply:
"NBA games we have to have rubber hoods. To make sure I never forget mine, I just keep it on there all the time. $6.99 amazon find https://amzn.to/2s78WYK"

Latest threads

Top Bottom