New Olympus OM-D E-M1 Firmware Released

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    [h=1]Firmware Update for OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA[/h][h=2][ E-M1 ][/h][TABLE="class: info, width: 480"]
    [TH="bgcolor: #DDDDDD"]Ver.1.1
    (Nov. 28 2013)[/TH]
    • Compensation for chromatic aberration is supported when using the E-M1 and Panasonic’s LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. (H-FS14140) together.
    • Stabilization of shooting in the Sports mode and Children mode of the SCN mode or C-AF has been improved.
    • Live bulb image quality while noise reduction is on has been improved.
    • Improved AF operation.
  2. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Thanks for that Amin
  3. mf100

mf100 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Sawbridgeworth, England
    That was quick off the spot by Olympus.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  4. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    How long did it take you guys to complete the update?
    I've been stuck on the 'updating firmware' screen on my computer for a good while now. There is no progress bar (which would be nice and put my nerves at ease).
    My understanding is that once it has fully transferred from computer to camera , only then does the firmware itself start updating....
    It would also be nice if Olympus told us the actual size of the update file that is download etc....
  5. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Time out. So Olympus is going to be supporting CA correction for some Panasonic lenses? In my eyes, that's big news. In fact, that's one of the main reasons I'd consider an EM-1 once I can afford it.

I'm wondering why they'd choose this particular lens (P 14-140 3.5-5.6) to support that feature. I'm actually wondering if that means they are quietly supporting a lot of other Panasonic lenses already, and they are adding this relatively new one. Could be way off the mark with that, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43
  6. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    Does anyone have any idea about what has improved in the autofocus?
  7. akhyar

akhyar Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 16, 2012
    Took me less than 10 minutes including the downloading period.
    The actual firmware update I reckons only about 3-4 minutes (from the camera LCD screen status)
  8. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Done. Took about 5 minutes.