1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEW Olympus mZD 60mm f/2.8 macro on eBay from ********** (more than 10 available)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by yekimrd, Sep 21, 2012.

1. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    For those who wish to get their hands on this lens ASAP but want to avoid paying for sales tax (except if you live in NY) by ordering on the Olympus website, ********** in NY has the new Olympus 60mm f/2.8 macro selling for 499.99 on eBay with free shipping. When I first saw this listing I was dubious as there was no item image but then I saw the seller was ********** and was giddy with joy. I bought my BLN-1 battery from them and they have a good reputation and great seller feedback. :thumbup:

So I just ordered mine. Estimated delivery bet Sep 25 and Oct 1. :biggrin:

If you order through their website, they will charge you 8-9usd for USPS priority shipping. It would be nice if they offer free shipping on the website, that way we can order from them directly and they would not have to pay eBay fees.

NEW Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f2.8 Macro MICRO 4/3 OLYMPUS USA WARRANTY | eBay

• Like Like x 2
  2. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    So did you cancel your pre-order from B&H then? I'm on a chat with them right now trying to see if their expected date is still the 31st of October. I find it hard to believe with their purchasing power that they would have to wait so long to receive them when many other retailers now are getting them into stock.

Edit: Just got done with them, they say it really won't be available until October 31st. I ended up canceling my pre-order. Whenever that money gets freed up in my account I'm thinking I'll grab one of these.

3. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I actually ordered from Adorama and they don't have an expected date yet. I cancelled with them this AM and placed my eBay order via BillMeLater with a 6 months to pay option. :smile:

4. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Now, 5 sold and there are only 5 left. I'm guessing some people are buying off of their website, too 'coz it said more than 10 available this morning.

So if you want this, hurry up! Ming Thein called this the new reference lens for micro four thirds. He says it's better than the original ZD 50 and the PL45. :2thumbs:

5. allenrowand

allenrowand Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Allen Rowand
    I really wish you hadn't posted this.

The good news is that the 60mm should compliment the 12-35 I just ordered. The bad news is that there's smoke coming from my wallet. But hey, I saved $200 on the 12-35, so that's like getting the macro for $299, right? :rofl:

6. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Your logic is infallible, my friend. Hehe..

OM-D, P7-14, mZD12, PL25, mZD75, anxiously waiting for my mZD60 macro

7. netsurfr

netsurfr Mu-43 Rookie

May 11, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    FYI - You can order directly from **********NY website & if you choose FEDEX it will give you an option for free shipping.

8. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    It's not that. They most likely had them in stock (briefly) and the first batch went for preorders. The problem is that they usually get a huge number of preorders, and they don't necessarily receive correspondingly larger shipments from manufacturers (this is why it took them nearly 5 months to get the E-M5 in stock, for example).

DH

9. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    FedEx free shipping? Is there such a thing? :p

OM-D, P7-14, mZD12, PL25, mZD75, anxiously waiting for my mZD60 macro

10. netsurfr

netsurfr Mu-43 Rookie

May 11, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well I wasn't planning on getting this lens but it's getting such good reviews & it's priced right so I jumped on it so now I have to get into macro!

I ordered from ********** and yes I selected FedEX as the shipping carrier & got free shipping ordering directly from their website.

I've ordered from Joel @ ********** before & great service so looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Am I the only one who is really interested to see the non-macro shots from this lens. If is as sharp as they say I got to imagine it's pretty awesome..

12. netsurfr

netsurfr Mu-43 Rookie

May 11, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    You're not the only one. I have the 12-35 2.8 & the 75-300 so this lens will not only be for macro but to fill that gap between 35 & 75

13. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    I ordered the 60mm from them through via amazon and it shipped within a couple of hours. Also, I've ordered ~15 items in the past year from ********** from E-PM1 kits to a couple OM-D's (Yes I'm one of those people--I resell) and they are awesome, including one return and an order cancellation. I'm not on their payroll.

14. netsurfr

netsurfr Mu-43 Rookie

May 11, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah I got my EM5 from them when no-one else had them & bought other goodies & great service.

15. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Mine got ordered this morning. Had to wait for some things to clear. Very excited to get my hands on this lens!

16. netsurfr

netsurfr Mu-43 Rookie

May 11, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    My 60MM 2.8 got delivered today. All I can say is WOW! I'm new to macro and until I got this lens I really didn't realize that dedicated good macro lenses did more than simply reduce the minimum focusing distance but this lens is incredible. The amount of detail you can see & even crop into is just insane. This lens can take very good detailed pictures of tiny items that are BARELY visible to my eye. It's simply incredible. The other bonus is that for me it does great as a portrait lens & the quality of the bokeh is awesome. So glad I got this lens eventhough I wasn't planning to originally but once I saw initial reviews & the price I jumped on it. With my EM5, 12-35 f2.8, oly mz 75-300 and now the 60mm f2.8 I have all my needs covered & still such a portable system!

• Like Like x 2
  17. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Great to hear! Mine is on the way, due here Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing how it handles a variety of tasks. Looking forward to doing creative water droplet stuff since the weather will be heading that way here soon.