new olympus micro 4/3ds camera?

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Alex,

I've blown up the image... and heaven forbid, it looks like a GF1 clone!

I sincerely hope that it has more than a pop-up flash to offer over the E-P2. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Brian

Dad3*3

Mu-43 Rookie
And I just bought an E-P2 and didn't even get a chance to sell my E-P1 yet... Guess you just can't stay on the CUTTING edge without getting a little hurt!

Ranger 9

Mu-43 Regular
My guess: It's a mu4/3 camera without the Pen retro styling cues, for people who don't care about that sort of thing and would rather have a built-in flash etc. But I don't think they'd just bring out a GF-1 clone; they'd have to add something...

...Thought: didn't this teaser appear originally on the Olympus Tough website? A weather-resistant mu4/3 camera would be a great differentiator, and something a lot of people could really use...

Amin Sabet

Administrator
What can we learn from this?
Well, someone on DPReview roughly scale the image, and theirs showed that the new camera is way smaller than an E-P1. It got picked up by 43 Rumors.

I scaled the images as best I could, based on the hot shoe, and came up with this, which suggests that the new camera is slightly less wide, but not by nearly as much as the other comparison showed.

Also, getting a rough sense of size helps confirm that this is almost certainly going to be a MFT camera rather than some sort of non-ILC camera.

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I was over at 43rumors and they were saying it might have a new kit lens and that it will have some hot new features. I'm going to be steamed if I like that camera better. LOL.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom