NEW Olympus lenses 75mm and 60mm

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Y
Over a period of time, I would like to see:

7mm f/4 wide angle (rectilinear, not fisheye)
17mm f/1.8
25mm f/1.8
90mm f/2.8
150mm f/2

Why only f2.8 on the 90mm? Since you are making a dream list , dream big!

There's a pic of the rumored 75mm here.
om-dlenses.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was hoping it would not look as nice and be more affordable. That front element has $$$ written all over it.

It does look nice , doesn't it. I hope they make a black version though , I don't really care for silver lens bodies.

The 60mm macro looks a bit odd though , longer than I figured for a macro. And what is the little chart thing on it?

Blastop

Mu-43 Regular
If that is a 75mm f1.8, it's huge! I have an OM 100mm f2.8 that is about 1/3 the size, and a 50mm f1.4 that's a little smaller than that. So hopefully that means it is absolutely amazing, optically.

apicius9

Mu-43 Veteran
I love to do people shots from a bit of a distance. Using a C/Y Planar 85/1.4 right now which is my favorite manual lens. But having something in similar range with AF almost makes me consider buying an Olympus for the IS. Never jumped on the 45/1.8 because it's just a bit short for my taste. I'd like the 75mm one close in quality but lower in price than the Planar, of course ;)

Stefan

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
It does look nice , doesn't it. I hope they make a black version though , I don't really care for silver lens bodies.

I don't care for the new silver lenses that have been out recently, but this one looks like a different finish. It looks more like an old-school aluminum rangefinder lens finish. If that's what it is, then I'm all for it!!

The 60mm macro looks a bit odd though , longer than I figured for a macro. And what is the little chart thing on it?

Could it be the old-fashioned focus markings which were common on all macro lenses? A macro lens will traditionally extend far out in the barrel when set to closest focus (revealing the markings), and shorten at infinity focus. If this is the case with this lens, it would explain both the markings and the length.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
The 75 does look bigger than expected - maybe it is really a 1.4? :D

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
The 75 does look bigger than expected - maybe it is really a 1.4? :D

Hehe... I like the way you think! :biggrin:

Seriously though, this lens is sitting next to some rather miniscule lenses and it does have a fatter shape. I think that's likely to skew our perspective.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Could it be the old-fashioned focus markings which were common on all macro lenses? A macro lens will traditionally extend far out in the barrel when set to closest focus (revealing the markings), and shorten at infinity focus. If this is the case with this lens, it would explain both the markings and the length.

I thought about it being a focus scale but it looks more like a sticker , but maybe it's just the angle? Perhaps the scale is under a clear piece of plastic? Still it is a very large focus scale, if that is what it is. I don't think the lens is extended but it might be but even still it is long for a 60mm macro.

fredlong

Just this guy...
Real Name
Fred
If it's not internal focusing and we're seeing it fully extended to 1:1 it looks about right. 60mm extension for 1:1. The markings would be for reproduction ratio.

Fred

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I don't care for the new silver lenses that have been out recently, but this one looks like a different finish. It looks more like an old-school aluminum rangefinder lens finish. If that's what it is, then I'm all for it!!

it looks pretty close to the 12mm in the pic. which worries me a bit because I don't need another lens on my wish list =)

Latest threads

Top Bottom