New Olympus Email

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jdp, Oct 8, 2013.

1. jdp

jdp Mu-43 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    Got an email from Oly with a link to the NY rollout of the EM1. I clicked the link and it takes me to the Oly site emblazoned with..... "Miles ahead of the Technology Curve!"
    I then click on the video and up comes "Flash Player 10.1 required"
    Miles ahead of the technology curve!??? You mean smart phones and tablets are archaic and HTML 5 is old hat?

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

:biggrin:

With all of the Apple iOS products out there you would think web designers would abandon Flash{or at least detect and switch as needed}. Problem is they have used Flash for so long they don't know any other way. It was great in the late 1990s when it first came out but times change. And ever since Adobe got their hands on it, that change comes every 2-3 months when you have to download the newest version via an annoying pop-up!

3. jdp

jdp Mu-43 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    Not only iOS but android also. Well, I'm not going to cancel my EM-1 order because of it. I just hope the programmers for the camera's firmware are more up to date than the ones that program their web site.

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I did not know that! I am a long time Apple user and had to put up with a lot of flak because my iPad couldn't do Flash. Glad to know that Apple is not the only company that realizes Flash is no longer the best technology.