1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Oly Lens Cap lens...

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by SRHEdD, Sep 25, 2012.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    It is $49.95 at Olympus, and the shipping handling makes it about the same as buying from B&H, etc., but...

...register with Oly's web site and you get a $10 coupon on your birthday!! Just bought me a lens cap lens for $48 shipped!!

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Happy birthday!

http://www.skychariot.com/N7164E/RealCake.jpg" title="Birthday cake" width=400 />

And thanks for the tip.

3. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I just registered on Home page | Olympus, but they didn't ask me for my birthdate. Even when I drill down into my account information, I'm not seeing where one can provide such data. Can you elaborate?

4. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Hmmm... not really. It has been a LONG time since I registered. This is the email text:

Dear Olympus Enthusiast,

Happy Birthday! We'd like to help you celebrate with a special offer on accessories, memory cards and more. Get $10 off any $40 order at the Olympus Store.

To take advantage of this great offer, use coupon code HPCY845J while checking out of the Olympus Store.* Please note, you must log-in as a registered customer of the Olympus Store in order for the coupon to be applied to your order.

You received this email because you provided your birth date when you subscribed to Olympus email.

Happy Birthday from your friends at Olympus!

Sincerely,
    Olympus Imaging America Inc

5. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    I'm mainly waiting to see what the image quality of it is (would be nice if they had a sample image on their product page).

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Go to the home page, select "Savings" then "Savings and Featured Deals" then under that "Email Deals" and when you sign up there is a birthday deals option.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Thanks, Bob! (or do you prefer SuperMod RevBob?) ;)

Unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to suddenly have a late-September birthday, so I'll have to wait a few months.

8. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Probably won't ship until then anyway...

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Somehow, I think I can get by just with "Bob". :biggrin: As I actually have a late September birthday (27th) I went ahead and signed up. :thumbup:

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Got my email today - time to order one of these! :biggrin:

11. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Got mine for $48.75 shipped. Great deal, thanks for posting this! :biggrin:

12. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    In the UK it's available for pre-order at £70 - but the US price of $50 is the equivalent of around £30 - ie less than half that! :mad:

13. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Shipping to the UK for something so small/light can't be THAT expensive...seems like an arbitrage opportunity for someone.