1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New Oly EP Mini

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by WT21, Jun 20, 2011.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
  2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    It looks like a nice, little camera. But the question for me is, with an Oly 17mm - or even a Panny 14mm - on it, will it fit into a shirt or blazer pocket without a problem? If not, then I'll keep my Canon S95 for occasions when I need that kind of compactness. This applies to Pansonic's GF3 as well. Still, talk about ultra-fast, and ultra-accurate auto-focus on the Oly is pretty exciting. This is the area where I want to see the MFT players compete.

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Ultra fast autofocus, new sensor and image processor... sounds like a revolutionary change is on the way!

Can't wait...

Thanks for the link

Brian

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Sounds like Olympus might be going the way of Panasonic, in shifting their lines around. They said the E-P3 should have a built-in flash and the E-PL3 should have a tilt screen, and now the E-PM1 looks like the same size as the XZ-1. So I'm guessing the E-PL3 will be more along the lines of the Panasonic GF-3, and the E-P3 will carry on from the current E-PL2.

At least one thing you know is that if Olympus designs the E-PL3 like the GF-3, they won't ditch the hotshoe. Even their XZ-1 as well as this supposed E-PM1 leak has a hotshoe, and how much smaller could they make the camera than that? There's no need to forsake essentials like a hotshoe for the sake of compactness.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It does sound terrific. If the E-PL3 has all that plus a flip LCD (like NEX), I'll be pre-ordering one for sure.

6. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Want...tilt screen...fast focus...

Seriously though, it's starting to look like Olympus really has stepped up their game big time.

7. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Man, I am holding out to buy an E-pl2 after this announcement, however even the e-pm1 looks mighty tempting. If it retains a few of the controls found on the E-pl2 (mainly the control wheel), it might end up being my choice! If they pair it with the 17mm I'm sold (that focal length is a gap in my collection and makes a nice walk-around prime).