Review New Oly 100-400: Impressions and images

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I think use of the tripod collar/foot depends on your hand, how you hold the lens and work the zoom ring, and how easy it is to turn the zoom ring.
On my Nikon 70-200/4, I rest the foot of the reversed collar in my left hand and work the zoom with my thumb and fingers.
On my 40-150/2.8, the zoom ring requires more force to turn, so I can't use my fingers to zoom, I have to grip the zoom ring and turn with my hand. So I don't use the tripod collar/foot, when hand-holding.

I agree with @L0n3Gr3yW0lf about the EVF.
The EM1-mk1 was BAD, the last frame froze in the EVF for a second, even with Rec View=off.
The mk2 is much better, but there is still a very short freeze. This is with the e-shutter.
It would be REALLY nice if the EVF was trully continuous, NO image freezing.

Even with the lesser IS (OIS + IBIS) than Sync-IS, I think it is still better than IBIS only when shooting with the 75-300.
I've shot the 75-300 where I was moving in the wind more than the IBIS could compensate for.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
R020623.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
lookout.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sentinel. Looking out for threats and warning the others with a bark.

There are many schools of thought regarding 'sentinel duty' meerkat behaviour, including altruism, selfishness and simply being the least liked member of the family who will be last one down into the burrow when danger approaches.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom