New old guy from Ohio

crashton

New to Mu-43
Hello folks. I'm new here, but not new to cameras. Currenty using a Nikon D7000 & various lenses. My experience with mirrorless is limited to my Nikon V1. I love the freedom a light weight camera gives me. My next camera will be some flavor of Oly M43, not sure which yet. When I make the switch my Nikon gear will be sold off.

I hope to learn a lot & contribute here.

Cheers Chuck

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Welcome, Chuck! It seems like you've figured it out already, but I think you'll find that :43: represents a "sweet spot" between the two systems you're using now. Much smaller and lighter than the DSLR while still retaining many of the benefits.

crashton

New to Mu-43
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I really like the idea of my camera bag losing weight. From what I have seen the output from these cameras are great. The one sticking point for me is the lack pf PDAF. I've been spoiled by my Nikon's fast focus. One of the things I like to do is shoot motorsport. If I can find a M43 that has fast enough AF I'm in.

Any thoughts on the speed of focus?

Chuck

scott0487

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Scott
Welcome "new guy" from and old guy who went to school in Ohio. I made a similar move and am loving the E-M5. Look forward to hearing how your transition goes.

Scott

Fmrvette

This Space For Rent
Real Name
Jim
Crashton, welcome aboard!

As a former Nikon D300 user I can attest that the OM-D EM-5 is worth a look-see as a successor to a DSLR.

Regards,

Jim

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
Welcome aboard Chuck!
I still have my V1 also, but I seldom use it since getting my OM-D E-M5 and my E-PL5. It seems to be relegated to time-lapse (which it does excellently).

And good luck selling off your Nikon DX gear. Take it from me, with the hickup that the D800 caused, a lot of folks are skeptical of Nikon products and seem to only want equipment that they think they get a warranty on.

Latest threads

Top Bottom