1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Nikon series 1 survey

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Bhupinder2002, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dear friends
    First of all let me make clear that I am doing this survey just for fun do don't be harsh on me ..lol.
    Instead of making random comments , I thought it will be better to have a small survey on New Nikon mirror less series 1 .
    If any one has better questions please PM me and I can create a new survey.
    Please also suggest some more topics for surveys. Lets see what majority of people think about their gear This survey will close on 23rd Nov 2011 at 0000 hrs GMT.Please click on the link below to complete the survey.

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B5FX757">Click here to take survey</a>

Kind Regards
    Bhupinder

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Just for fun :)

There are a couple of spelling mistakes, and none of the options are multi-pick (e.g. what camera do you use -- many use more than one type of system).

Let us know the results, though there is a very tiny, slight bias at this site ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

All fixed ..thanks lol

4. Bhupinder2002

Thanks you so much . I am happy with the response so far.

5. Bhupinder2002

Wow..27 responses so far.We need 100 responses.
    Thanks u everyone

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Nikon 1 survey in MFT forum...ah, but I do love under dogs :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bhupinder2002

Its just for fun.I saw Nikon1 today .It looks nice on the whole but has few major flaws. The biggest being its price , second the menu is cumbersome and irritating . The over all its almost same or bigger than MFT system . So I nutshell I don't see any advantage of this system and I am always wondering what Nikon was thinking? They treat consumers as cash cows and nothing else . If they would have done survey prior to launch , I am sure many people would have said no to such a new format. Anyway lets see what happens but I am glad MFT is sound , safe and growing bigger and bigger.
    Cheers

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I own both systems (1 and MFT) and have a different perspective than you. But since you're always correct, I see no need for me to say anything else :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  9. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    +1 :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bhupinder2002

I know U own both system and everyone has right to defend their choices. But I am not the one who is always right.That title belongs to few other guys in this forum .I don't even know how to hold a camera leave aside taking pics and commenting on them:rofl::rofl:

11. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley

Do you really think Nikon, its R&D and marketing people didn't do their homework before launching the Nikon 1? It's clear that Nikon 1 has a target group, and the target group is not the enthusiast or pro that likes cameras with big sensors and shallow DOF capabilities and lots of control. The target is the point and shoot folks that want something with faster AF and who typically do not want to deal with changing camera settings. The easiest default control to change in the Nikon 1's (other than the mode dial options) is the high speed shutter. Why? Because it's the mark of the system. It offers something that none of the other small cameras in the market can offer, including the NEX -- superior AF accuracy along with crazy fast frame rates. I was playing with a J1 at Best Buy and a mom bought a J1 within minutes after we tested its AF abilities along with the high speed shutter on her toddler that was running around. I have/had owned just about every m4/3 camera made, and I would not have been able to track the running toddler with equal ease even with the GH2. I am one of those people who thought that Nikon 1 was the goofiest system when first announced. But I stand corrected as it has its own merits. That being said, the Nikon 1 may not be the system for me now, because I like bokeh and fast primes. And other than street photography, I'm not taking that many photos of fast moving subjects anyway.

And why be "glad" that MFT is safe? Why feel threatened? If you think m4/3 is what tickles you on all the right spots, then be happy and live your life to the fullest. Instead, you bash Nikon (and other big bad corporations) because its product does not suit your needs or wants, or they are too pricey. Cash cow? Is this the continuation of the corporate slave thread? No one has to buy a Nikon camera if they don't want to. Cameras aren't water or oxygen.

12. Bhupinder2002

Oh I always forget that there are certain people in this forum who has fundamental right to say anything about any system but another member says something or expressed their opinion they don't like it and and its often termed as system bashing or inadequate knowledge about the system .You have invaded their territory and have done something which only they can do. Now tell me how many point and shoot upgrades would like to spend a 1000 dollars on a camera just to track kids?The major gripe is about the pricing which is not justified, other are size of lenses and size of the system on the whole as a portable pocketable P&S option ..I was also in my camera store and 5 people looked at the system and said it was too pricey and why they won't buy a DLSR or MFT camera if they have to upgrade rather than something in the middle. By the way Sony Point and shoot and many other s also offer the faster shutter speed and track kids easily and at 12 the price. U dont just track kids with ur camera all the time. No one will built a point and shoot system . First u buy an over priced and over exaggerated camera , then u add few primes and after spending 2000 dollars in six months u realise the only think it does the best is just tracking the kids ? Oh this is Nikon bashing?My apology then,

13. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Maybe time to cool off a bit? No reason to start spittin' at each other. DPR exists for that kind of thing. Remember we're all just m43-lovin people around here, just like everyone else on the board. Let's show the DPR folks that we can be considerate in gear talk responses.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bhupinder2002

I agree and my sincere apologies .We should be more respectful and polite. ANyway thanks for taking part it survey and pointing out some mistakes..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

15. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    :thumbup:

16. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    I've filled in the survey but respectfully suggest you check your spellings again.

17. Bhupinder2002

Thanks , I know but I can't change now as it has already started
    Cheers