New Mu-43 Gallery

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I tried to upload more than one image at a time, but that somehow hangs after the first image. Also zip files do not work. Is there a trick I am not aware of. I am using Max OS X an Safari.

Cheers
rst

Anyone else using Safari on a Mac having the same issue? I'll try it on my Mac when I get home.

Also wondering why/how it is that certain galleries on the main gallery page show a small photo on the far left column. Sorry for all questions.:redface:

BB, I don't know. Was wondering the same thing. Let's see how it goes as they fill up. I'm guessing they will all show a small photo before long. Most likely has to do with having a particular photo with a certain rating or number of views.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I did try to upload several at a time but I only tried it once because it did just seem to hang there. Not a big one for me since I had so few to do. I'm on a Macbook Pro 10.5.8 and Safari 4.0.4 for the record.

Thanks about the little photo, too.

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Anyone else using Safari on a Mac having the same issue? I'll try it on my Mac when I get home.
It works when I run Windows XP from within my SunVirtualBox on my Mac. So it seems to be a Mac problem. BTW it does also not work on Mac OS X when using Firefox. Too bad.

Cheers
rst

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Rst, does it at least let you upload one image at a time? I'll ask over in the Photopost forums whether there is a fix for this. I could disable the flash uploader altogether, which might work for everyone...

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I tried to upload more than one image at a time, but that somehow hangs after the first image. Also zip files do not work. Is there a trick I am not aware of. I am using Max OS X an Safari.

Cheers
rst

I Have the same problem on Mac OS X with Firefox. One image at the time works fine.

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Rst, does it at least let you upload one image at a time? I'll ask over in the Photopost forums whether there is a fix for this. I could disable the flash uploader altogether, which might work for everyone...
Amin, it lets me upload one image at a time. That means that I select the files and get that flash icon which shows the upload for the image, but it hangs until I press submit then I get that one image or the first image when I selected multiple images into the edit box.

But now that you mention flash, I have not installed flash in my virtual box, that explains to me that the UI for upload on my Windows looked different compared to the Mac. Maybe I try to switch of flash for mu-43.com (if that works) and then can run the upload on the Mac. But btw, I do not see what the flash uploader buys us.

Cheers
rst

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Amin - many congratulations you must have M4/3 running thru your mind continuously - have a glass of wine, or two (if you drink)

I fancy a nice thick rare steak and a few glasses of red - my wife is on her "once a year" Weightwatchers thing, (I call it the fat club) - and she has been "counting the points" for the past three weeks - so more than one glass is frounded upon

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Amin,
Pain in the A** here....
(I put this in brackets so no one can read this.....is it possible to do a slide show in the Group Gallery?)

I know, I know.......shooter

Sorry Amin...1 ,more thinggy....
At the group gallery, can I move positions of the images.....I'd like to lay them out differently....
Pain in the A**...

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
btw, I do not see what the flash uploader buys us.

I was thinking the same thing. If anything, it is confusing because it looks like the upload is done, when it hasn't started. I've gone ahead and disabled the flash bit. Please let me know if multiple file uploads now work correctly on the Mac.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
(I put this in brackets so no one can read this.....is it possible to do a slide show in the Group Gallery?)

From what I can tell, it is not.

At the group gallery, can I move positions of the images.....I'd like to lay them out differently....

Again, from what I can tell, no.

I think that for the future image quests, it would be best do do all the discussion, selection, etc, here in the forum thread rather than in a group. Then the images would get posted in our new gallery. Even there, however, I don't know if it is possible for you to reorder the images. I suspect not :frown:.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I've been wondering what value the groups still hold?

Would it be worth simplifying things, and dropping them for now?

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Here's another question for you Amin regarding the new gallery. It appears to have a time stamp that it places on comments...and even though I just commented on several within the last 15 or 30 minutes it is showing them with time stamps from the early morning. Now it's not a big deal to me when it says I commented but I wondered if there's some option somewhere about setting the time.

This can be seen from looking at the main gallery page, under the listings of Specifice Camera, Specific Genre, etc.

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Amin, now I can upload one single image or a zip file which can contain multiple images. Very nice. Thanks.

Cheers
rst

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Here's another question for you Amin regarding the new gallery. It appears to have a time stamp that it places on comments...and even though I just commented on several within the last 15 or 30 minutes it is showing them with time stamps from the early morning. Now it's not a big deal to me when it says I commented but I wondered if there's some option somewhere about setting the time.

This can be seen from looking at the main gallery page, under the listings of Specifice Camera, Specific Genre, etc.

I'll look into it!

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Yessir....we doin' need no groups 'round here....
We can work on the threads...then, forum members from near and far can read and see what's going on....maybe we can attract more and more and more.....

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
No stinkin' groups.:wink: At first I felt that we should keep them because they gave the feeling of being a private discussion, though I have no idea if they actually were.

Just promise me you will ask The Wizard to move our current discussion to our new home.:friends:

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Shhhhesh...if he can't I think I can but he has to grant me The Eternal Golden Ring to do so....

BB, don't tell anyone but while Amin is TRANSPORTING the galleries....well...get it...
shooter

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I'm giving a :bump: to this thread for all the folks that have come on and aren't fully aware of what's transpired. Please read this whole thread. Eventually, I'm sure there will be a "cheat sheet" sticky of "How To's" regarding this but as we're feeling our ways along, this thread has got the info. I particularly want to bring this post to your attention
If you upload an image to the Members Gallery, it automatically categorizes that image under your user name. However, it will not be placed in an album unless you create and album and specifically upload the image to that album or subsequently move the image to that album.

So, Bill, if you upload a whole bunch of images, they will all be shown in the Members Gallery under BillNUK. If you create a bunch of albums containing images, the albums will be shown under BillNUK. Clicking on personal album index will show an index of your personal albums. Since you have not created albums, nothing will be shown when you click on this.

To make albums, click on "My Albums" (towards the upper left area of the screen under where it says "Register") and then select "Create a new album". This album will then be available going forward as a place to which you can upload images. You can copy (using "Copy image to" or move (using "Change category") an image which has already been uploaded to an album under Photo Options -> Edit Photo.
but please take the time to read through the thread in its entirety. Happy uploading.:biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom