New Mu-43 Gallery

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
By popular request, I have upgraded the gallery software for mu-43.com.

Unfortunately, there is no way to import the current member albums into the new gallery. I sincerely apologize to everyone for this inconvenience. The general consensus was that it is best to go through the growing pains now to get the best gallery software available rather than to try and make the switch at a later date.

The new gallery is accessible via the "Gallery" tab at the top of the page.

There are some minor tweaks I'll be looking to make. For example, I hope to be able to add an automatic link from each post to the member's gallery images/albums. In the meanwhile, feel free to add a link from your sig to your page in the new gallery.

The old albums will remain accessible for now, so as to not break links and embedded images within threads. You can access your old albums from your member profile page (click on your own name in the upper right hand corner of the screen).

Eventually, the old albums will be disabled altogether in order to avoid confusion amongst new members who see albums in user profiles and don't know what these are in relation to the gallery. I therefore ask that everyone please stop uploading images to their old albums and instead switch over to the new gallery.

Thanks to everyone for helping make mu-43 a great home for Micro Four Thirds users on the web. Having the most fully-featured gallery will be a big plus going forward, so I appreciate your patience with this change!

Ask any questions about using the gallery here. We'll try to answer them together.

Answers will be compiled in this FAQ thread.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Amin,

the new Gallery functionality will be ideal for our quests and competitions. :bravo-009:

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Can you edit the info posted with each image - after the initial post - I cannot find the option

also if I view my images - it shows up on the stats as a view - can that be "turned off"
i.e. if the "originator" views it is not counted as a view

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
By Jove,
The Wizard's done it again.
Thank ya kind sir.

Also, thank ya for being so accomadating to the members.

Allright everyone... We got work to do.
We have galleries to build, we got quest to work on...

Let's get to work....
Shooter out

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Can you edit the info posted with each image - after the initial post - I cannot find the option
Double click on Photo Options and then select Edit Photo as shown below

Attachments

• 2010-02-02_0732.png
    2010-02-02_0732.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 182

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Thanks so much Amin.

Now, if only I could transfer the few but meaningful comments I've gotten... Just kidding!

Seriously, I realize most of us don't have a clue what a big deal this was and the work that's gone into it and will need to continue but here's to the long haul and the great success of mu-43.com!:drinks::bravo-009:

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Amin, will you be reproducing the random display of gallery images at the head of the forum page / to the left of the home page?

I really enjoyed clicking on the great images there - having a closer look and leaving messages for the photographer. I hope we will be able to do that again.

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
how do you get images into the members gallery - personal albums index - the ones in alphabetical order?

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
how do you get images into the members gallery - personal albums index - the ones in alphabetical order?

Bill, just your images to the Gallery - the system puts them into your personal gallery by default.

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Bill, just your images to the Gallery - the system puts them into your personal gallery by default.

Cheers

Brian

How does the Members Gallery versus the Personal Album index work - what's the difference

I can get images into the Members Gallery but not the Personal Album index

Does the system just work with one copy of the image and then shunt it around as you “tag” them

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
How does the Members Gallery versus the Personal Album index work - what's the difference

I can get images into the Members Gallery but not the Personal Album index

Does the system just work with one copy of the image and then shunt it around as you “tag” them

If you upload an image to the Members Gallery, it automatically categorizes that image under your user name. However, it will not be placed in an album unless you create and album and specifically upload the image to that album or subsequently move the image to that album.

So, Bill, if you upload a whole bunch of images, they will all be shown in the Members Gallery under BillNUK. If you create a bunch of albums containing images, the albums will be shown under BillNUK. Clicking on personal album index will show an index of your personal albums. Since you have not created albums, nothing will be shown when you click on this.

To make albums, click on "My Albums" (towards the upper left area of the screen under where it says "Register") and then select "Create a new album". This album will then be available going forward as a place to which you can upload images. You can copy (using "Copy image to" or move (using "Change category") an image which has already been uploaded to an album under Photo Options -> Edit Photo.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I just installed a modification which makes it really easy to post an image from your personal gallery/albums to any forum post. While in the "Reply to Thread" dialogue, look underneath the Smilies, and you'll see a place called "My Photos". Click on the link below that which says "Insert", and that will take you to a popup window showing your gallery photos, which you can then select for display as thumbnail or original with or without an embedded link to your gallery. It's very handy!

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Amin, you are truely a Wizard.
This is the most efficient site even with me hanging around.
If I knew where you were, I'd give ya a hug and a kiss....

Nah....just a hug.....nah...
Just Thanks......it's all just getting great!

rst

Mu-43 Regular
I tried to upload more than one image at a time, but that somehow hangs after the first image. Also zip files do not work. Is there a trick I am not aware of. I am using Max OS X an Safari.

Cheers
rst

Latest threads

Top Bottom