new mu-43.com member

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ynot, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ynot

ynot New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2012
    Connecticut
    Hi, everybody! I recently retired after 36 years of teaching at a major university, and now have a bit more time to spend on photography. I started in photography in the early 60's, and used cameras like Mamiya-Sekor, Canon (several models). I recently gave my Canon Rebel outfit to my younger son, in order to encourage his interest in photography. I purchased a mu-43 outfit instead: one Panasonic GF2, one Panasonic GX1, and a total of 5 lenses: 1) the Panasonic 7-14 mm wide angle zoom, 2) the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, 3) the Olympus 45 f/1.8, 4) the Panasonic 14 - 42mm zoom, and 5) the Panasonic 45 - 200 mm zoom.

I like the significantly smaller size and weight of the mu-43 system, which should make schlepping the gear around a lot easier. I expect to use the equipment to take a lot of pictures of activities in my other hobbies: boating (I have a Bayliner 288 cruiser), ham radio (I especially like operating on Field Day), astronomy (I like participating in Star Parties). I also do a bit of woodworking from time to time.

Back in the old days I spent a lot of time doing color printing in my darkroom. I vastly prefer using my computer and inkjet printer instead. The ability to adjust these digital photos with software is wonderful and greatly appreciated.

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and very much like what I have seen here: The people participating in this forum seem particularly well informed and very nice. That's great! I look forward to participating!
    ynot

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Glad you've decided t de-lurk and join in the fun. Welcome!

3. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Welcome! Looks like our little club is growing. :smile:

4. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Welcome, ynot! You're starting off in the :43: world with a splendid inventory of bodies and lenses. Seems you've dabbled in photography as long as I have .. I look forward to seeing what you can wring out of this very capable camera system.

5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Welcome.. you will learn a lot here.. great Forum.. nice folks here.. hang on to your pocketbook! :smile:

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome, ynot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.