new mu-43.com member

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ynot, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ynot

ynot New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2012
    Connecticut
    Hi, everybody! I recently retired after 36 years of teaching at a major university, and now have a bit more time to spend on photography. I started in photography in the early 60's, and used cameras like Mamiya-Sekor, Canon (several models). I recently gave my Canon Rebel outfit to my younger son, in order to encourage his interest in photography. I purchased a mu-43 outfit instead: one Panasonic GF2, one Panasonic GX1, and a total of 5 lenses: 1) the Panasonic 7-14 mm wide angle zoom, 2) the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, 3) the Olympus 45 f/1.8, 4) the Panasonic 14 - 42mm zoom, and 5) the Panasonic 45 - 200 mm zoom.

I like the significantly smaller size and weight of the mu-43 system, which should make schlepping the gear around a lot easier. I expect to use the equipment to take a lot of pictures of activities in my other hobbies: boating (I have a Bayliner 288 cruiser), ham radio (I especially like operating on Field Day), astronomy (I like participating in Star Parties). I also do a bit of woodworking from time to time.

Back in the old days I spent a lot of time doing color printing in my darkroom. I vastly prefer using my computer and inkjet printer instead. The ability to adjust these digital photos with software is wonderful and greatly appreciated.

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and very much like what I have seen here: The people participating in this forum seem particularly well informed and very nice. That's great! I look forward to participating!
    ynot

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Glad you've decided t de-lurk and join in the fun. Welcome!

3. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Welcome! Looks like our little club is growing. :smile:

4. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Welcome, ynot! You're starting off in the :43: world with a splendid inventory of bodies and lenses. Seems you've dabbled in photography as long as I have .. I look forward to seeing what you can wring out of this very capable camera system.

5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Welcome.. you will learn a lot here.. great Forum.. nice folks here.. hang on to your pocketbook! :smile:

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome, ynot!