New Mexico - Nov/Dec

FarFromSane

Mu-43 Regular
I'm heading down to Bosque for the birds and wild life in late Nov, early Dec.
I have a few days to explore a bit of New Mexico before my workshop on the 30th.
I was thinking of spending that time near SantaFe ... but still in the planning stages.

Any New Mexicans want to provide some guidance to a lonely Canuck ?

WS

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
I'm heading down to Bosque for the birds and wild life in late Nov, early Dec.
I have a few days to explore a bit of New Mexico before my workshop on the 30th.
I was thinking of spending that time near SantaFe ... but still in the planning stages.

Any New Mexicans want to provide some guidance to a lonely Canuck ?

WS
Hi. I'm in transition, moving from Indiana next week. I've visited Albuquerque several times, but so I don't know the lay of the land. You will be near the Very Large Array so be sure to visit. Check out the Rail Runner train. I'm not into nature or landscape, but feel free to contact me when your plans are finalized.

Michael

Last edited:

Vol375

New to Mu-43
I’d spend more time near Santa Fe and Taos. Albuquerque will be cheaper to stay in though. The Jemez peublo and mountains are nice too. Weather you drive up, hike up, or take the tram up, the Sandia mountains on the east side of ABQ are very nice.
A breakfast burrito from the burrito Lady on Eubank street in ABQ is a must. She only takes cash though.

threeOh

Mu-43 Regular
If a Floridian might render an opinion. Assuming you’re flying into Albuquerque. The scenery from the roads can be stunning. Spend a bit of time deciding a route. I’d be inclined to skip the towns. If that’s not your approach, I’d prioritize Santa Fe. Take a look at what Los Alamos has to offer. I’ve never done it but I’ll get there some day. You can do it in 2 days. I squeezed a 2 day visit between business and it was fantastic.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom