1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New Member...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by orcasvin, Feb 25, 2014.

1. orcasvin

orcasvin New to Mu-43

Feb 25, 2014
    Hello... I'm Fred from Orcas Island WA and I have been using Mu-43 since very early on.. I purchased a Lumix G1 the week they came out and have used it mainly for Bird Photography.. I had reasonably good luck using the stock lens with a 2.4 tele add on.. I then purchased the Lumix 45-200 and have used it almost exclusively and sometimes with a 1,7 accessory lens.. I have been very pleased with my results so far.. My newest camera is a G6 and it really was a good step up.. I have only had it a few weeks but really appreciate the faster shutter and Video capability..
    I spend summers in Montana and am looking forward to learning the G6.. What do you use for a lens barrel/balance mount to tripod.. I'm hoping that there is a product out there that will help me balance the camera and lens combo better..
    I'm very pleased to find this site.. Thanks for allowing me to join...

2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
  3. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Welcome Fred, a very good friend of mine also lives on Orcas Island. Of course it's too much to expect you to know him but just in case, his name is Sam Webster.

This old world just keeps on getting smaller!

4. orcasvin

orcasvin New to Mu-43

Feb 25, 2014
    Thanks Mr. Biscuit.. It's nice to be welcomed here.. I'm familiar with your friends name but haven't had the pleasure of meeting him.. It is a small world, isn't it.. I will look him up at some point in the future.. Is he a birder??

5. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Fresh meat! Just kidding... ;)

Welcome! It's a great community here.