1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New Member...........

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Highlander, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    Hi All,

My name is Rich and this is my first post here, I've been into photography my entire life (I just turned 60). I've been on the fence for the last few weeks about purchasing the E-PL2 and I finally went ahead and ordered one from B&H yesterday and it arrived today.

This is not my first Olympus camera, I've previously owned an OM-4 (from the film days), E-1 and most recently an E-510. The only one I still have is the E-1 which I haven't used for a few years. I keep telling myself I need to sell it but haven't done so yet.

My other gear that I use professionally is a Canon 5D MKII paired with the 50mm f/1.2 L, I got tired of lugging that thing around for casual shooting and family snaps and for that reason I picked up the E-PL2 which should fill that role nicely.

Anyway, I had the camera delivered to my work place today and after I charged up the battery I fired off a couple of shots, nothing special, just an initial test to check for function so I'll post them here to make this official.

A co-worker at my work place:

My office at home:

Both were taken with the kit lens on aperture priority and I'm sorry but I didn't check the exif data and the last one used fill flash (on camera) and I'm happy with the results.

I've been registered here for a week or two and have been lurking around and I'll tell you that looking the pictures posted here helped to make up my mind about the purchase, so thanks to all you enablers out there for helping to lighten my wallet.

Looking forward to enjoying the company around here and I'll be posting more pictures as soon as I have some.

Regards,

Rich C.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    I meant to include this one also, it's my office at work:

It's not really that dark there, I exposed for the highlights.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Tough job, I see :biggrin:

Welcome here, it's a friendly place !

Cheers,

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Rich.

5. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    welcome

6. Jimboh

Jimboh Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2010
    Florida
    Well since you've got a Canon 5d and you mentioned "film days" sorta' implies you're an experienced shooter. Hopefully you are aware of the m4/3 unparalleled ability to use older film lenses, and I think even your EOS lenses can now be mounted as well. You lose a lot of the automation, but if you date back to the manual film days, it should not be a problem for you as it opens up all that great old glass to re-explore, the glass we've loved over the years and had to put aside.

7. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    :2thumbs:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard, Rich and congrats on your E-PL2! I envy you your big Mac set up at home.:wink:

Very glad to have you here and thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself.:2thumbs:

9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

yay! another mac user. Welcome Rich and I hope to see you around. Thanks for posting some pictures- I really like the one with the Mac Pro in it. Nice.

10. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome from "another" northeast coast member...

Glad to have you.

Cheers, from Rehoboth, Ma.

Alan

11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome Rich from the Boston area. If you are in New England, then we should get a group together sometime! There seems to be enough of us up here.

12. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Best town sign I ever saw:

"Dighton. Gateway to Rehoboth"

13. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Welcome. You're the first person I've seen who actually uses the Wacom mouse :)

I have a box of 16 or so new intuos3 mice sitting around collecting dust.

14. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    Someone's got to do it!

15. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale

Hi Jim and thanks yes I'm aware of that ability and while I don't have any of my lenses from my film camera days I do have a Zuiko digital 50mm macro that I was using on my E-1 and I can't wait to get an adapter for it.

The only lens I have right now for my Canon 5D is the 50mm f/1.2 L and that thing is larger and weighs more by itself than does the E-PL2 and kit lens combined so I don't think I'll be attaching that one to the Oly anytime soon!

16. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    Cool shot PenPal!

17. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    Why do you say that, is there something else? (-:

18. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    Thanks Alan and where is Rehoboth? I've never heard of that town before. I travel to Rockport every other weekend for business, is it near there?

19. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    It's what the gave us here at work to use, I don't really have any complaints about it.

20. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    Thanks........

to all for the welcomes!

• Like Like x 1