1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New member with a new (to me) GF1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Beena22, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Hi there. I've recently bought a used GF1 (with 14-42mm kit lens) after reading all of the rave reviews about it as I want to get into photography properly but don't like the bulk of a DSLR.

I purchased an Olympus EPL1 last year but hated it because of the slow autofocus that hunted around too much in low light so sold it after a few weeks. The GF1 is streets ahead in this respect and I love the form factor - it feels really nice and solid in my hand. I've only had it a few days but I'm loving it so far and I'm taking it everywhere at the moment.

I've set myself a task of taking at least one photo a day and have a list I've downloaded with a topic a day. Looking forward to a fun year where I learn lots about taking photos and hopefully see a marked improvement from beginning to end. Hopefully with the help of you guys here.

Here are a few shots I've taken. Please let me know what you think but don't be too brutal as I'm a relative beginner :) 

Attached Files:

2. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Welcome to the forum and the world of M4/3. I bought my GF1 for the same reason as you and it's a joy to use.

3. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    It really is a great little camera isn't it. I had a look at the GF3 in a shop but it just didn't do it for me the way the GF1 did. It looks like a proper camera if that makes sense.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn how to take great photos on it and do it justice.

4. NickLeon

NickLeon Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Somerset UK
    I think you are off to a good start. Are you in France (Berliet rad a clue) ?

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    The gf1 is a brilliant camera

6. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    I'm not in France I'm in the UK. That rad is on the front of a big military vehicle that is in the grounds of a church in the next village to mine bizarrely.

Here's another part of it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi Beena22 and welcome to the forum
    Great camera the GF1 - a very high quality product
    Regards
    Rob (Isle of Wight)

8. flippic

flippic Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    I really like the fourth picture. Very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.