New member with a new (to me) GF1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Beena22, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Hi there. I've recently bought a used GF1 (with 14-42mm kit lens) after reading all of the rave reviews about it as I want to get into photography properly but don't like the bulk of a DSLR.

I purchased an Olympus EPL1 last year but hated it because of the slow autofocus that hunted around too much in low light so sold it after a few weeks. The GF1 is streets ahead in this respect and I love the form factor - it feels really nice and solid in my hand. I've only had it a few days but I'm loving it so far and I'm taking it everywhere at the moment.

I've set myself a task of taking at least one photo a day and have a list I've downloaded with a topic a day. Looking forward to a fun year where I learn lots about taking photos and hopefully see a marked improvement from beginning to end. Hopefully with the help of you guys here.

Here are a few shots I've taken. Please let me know what you think but don't be too brutal as I'm a relative beginner :)

Attached Files:

2. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Welcome to the forum and the world of M4/3. I bought my GF1 for the same reason as you and it's a joy to use.

3. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    It really is a great little camera isn't it. I had a look at the GF3 in a shop but it just didn't do it for me the way the GF1 did. It looks like a proper camera if that makes sense.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn how to take great photos on it and do it justice.

4. NickLeon

NickLeon Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Somerset UK
    I think you are off to a good start. Are you in France (Berliet rad a clue) ?

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    The gf1 is a brilliant camera

6. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    I'm not in France I'm in the UK. That rad is on the front of a big military vehicle that is in the grounds of a church in the next village to mine bizarrely.

Here's another part of it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi Beena22 and welcome to the forum
    Great camera the GF1 - a very high quality product
    Regards
    Rob (Isle of Wight)

8. flippic

flippic Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    I really like the fourth picture. Very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1