New member saying hi

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by laser8, Jan 29, 2013.

1. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    I've been coming to this forum for quite some time and lurked around - now it's time to say thanks to all of you and to start contributing!

Needless to say I enjoy the format and what it enables me to do - I hope I will be able to help others and improve, and above all, have a good time.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome the the user group!
  3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.

4. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Welcome! This sure is a friendly and helpful community.
  5. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Mare nostrum???

First, welcome to the forum. It is at times entertaining, at times informative, and most times just plain addictive to be here.

"Mare nostrum" - what a puzzle you have laid before us:
    Mediterranean Sea?
    A supercomputer in Barcelona?
    A restaurant in Miami Florida?
    A board game?
    (Google goes on and on)

I followed the link to your blog - olives! Can we assume that the olive grove is yours? First thoughts: Italy, Greece. Then you have an embedded weather forecast, for Pula, partly in English, partly what looks like a Slavic language, so - Croatia? Further search on "cadenela" leads to Istria, which confirms Croatia, but also Slovenia and Italy. A road name on a Google maps screen-grab suggests Italy, perhaps close to Trieste.

I think I'll give up the search now.

My wife and I left the agriturismo in Tuscany the very day that the harvest began. Just 2 more days would have been welcome, but ...

Best wishes on the coming year's harvest, and in re-establishing the grove.
  6. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Thanks to all!

Mike - I am quite impressed! That's fast and detailed! And exact too. But please allow me to think that mare nostrum gives a better definition of where I live than a mere point on a map...

You should have stayed for harvest. Trying the oil fresh from the mill is something special. On a second thought maybe it'a a good thing you did not, now you have a good excuse to come and try ours...

Thanks for the wishes, it's hard work but incredibly satisfying.

Not so much as a sideline, the groves did give me an important push into photography, maybe I'll post some reports here too!
  7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Laser8, welcome aboard!

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome aboard! Perhaps you will teach us all a bit about olives as you share your photos. :cool: