New Member Introduction Thread

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Well this is awkward. I didn’t know about this thread, and I’ve been on this forum for several months now. I guess we’ll just say I’m fashionably late. ;)

I’ve been a m43 shooter for about a year and half now. My first camera in the line was the GX85, and I’ve worked my way up to the G9. I’ve owned 4 Pannys now (FZ1000 and G85 were the others), and I’ve just come to like the brand and have gotten very familiar with the layout and menus. I’ve also shot Sony and Nikon before landing on Lumix.

As my name implies, I’m not the most serious of people. I live in Missouri, not Tanagra (which I learned is a place in Greece, as well as a distant planet).You either get the joke or you don’t, but it’s funny to see how some folks love the handle, while it throws off others entirely!
And I am the one that thought he was from Greece, didn't get the reference to whatever it is with Darmok N Jalad. ?
But welcome anyway!

HaHa

Mu-43 Regular
I am a fairly new member from Oslo, Norway. I purchased my first m43 camera in New York last summer. By lucky coincidence - or an act of fate - our Manhattan stroll just happened to pass by B&H.

I had on occasion used a Panasonic G3 + PL 45mm/2.8 at work, and decided to check out the recent models. I came out of the store with a G7+ 14-42 mm kit lens for not too much cash.

The G7 was my first real camera after my Canon 650 DSLR was stolen a few years ago. I never really enjoyed the Canon, perhaps due to the akwardness of a mirror in a digital camera and the mediocre performance of the kit zoom. I also missed the quality and wide angle view of my film era EF 24 mm/2.8.

Needless to say, the ergonomics and features of the G7 convinced me that m43 suited me just fine. I aquired used P 14—140 3.5-4.5 and P12-32 that came with a GX80. The GX80 is currently my preferred camera. I enjoy especially the IBIS and compact size with the 12-32 attached.

The current gear inventory is too large and may eventually have to be pruned:

Camera bodies:
G7
GX80

Native m43 lenses:
Oly 12 mm f/2
P 12—32 mm
P 14—140 mm
P 25 mm f/1.7
Oly 45 mm f/1.8

Vintage lenses used with plain or 0.71x adapters:
Nikkor 24 mm f/2.8 Ai
Nikkor-S 5 cm f/2
Micro Nikkor 55 mm f/3.5
Nikkor 'K' 85 mm f/1.8
Nikkor-P 105 mm f/2.5 Sonnar type
Nikkor-Q 200 mm f/4
Nikkor-H 300 mm f/4.5

My vintage lens shopping spree was started after I looked at alternative use of the cash required to purchase the Sigma 56 mm f/1.4 and the Oly 75 mm f/1.8. I enjoy the process of setting focus manually with these Nikkors. And I enjoy the high quality mechanics. Using the 0.71x adapter the vintage lenses cover everything from 17 mm f/2, via 35 mm f/1.4, 60 mm f/1.2, 75 mm f/1.8 to 140 mm f/2.8. The 300 mm is a beautiful piece of optomechanics, but too heavy for my taste.

I am a physicist by training and have worked in scientific imaging in several fields. In biomedics, using extremely sensitive cameras for low light bioluminescence imaging and also multispectral imaging/microscopy of fluorescence. In material physics, using highly sensitive polarization microscopy for magneto-optical imaging of superconductors.

The inventory above may be interpreted as a certain indication that I am a hopeless tech-/gearhead. However, I tell myself that I want to explore photography to pursue visual and aesthetic ideas; to express my personal and subjective view of the world.
I guess we'll see.

That's it for the intro.

Cheers,
Harald

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
I am a fairly new member from Oslo, Norway. I purchased my first m43 camera in New York last summer. By lucky coincidence - or an act of fate - our Manhattan stroll just happened to pass by B&H.

I had on occasion used a Panasonic G3 + PL 45mm/2.8 at work, and decided to check out the recent models. I came out of the store with a G7+ 14-42 mm kit lens for not too much cash.

The G7 was my first real camera after my Canon 650 DSLR was stolen a few years ago. I never really enjoyed the Canon, perhaps due to the akwardness of a mirror in a digital camera and the mediocre performance of the kit zoom. I also missed the quality and wide angle view of my film era EF 24 mm/2.8.

Needless to say, the ergonomics and features of the G7 convinced me that m43 suited me just fine. I aquired used P 14—140 3.5-4.5 and P12-32 that came with a GX80. The GX80 is currently my preferred camera. I enjoy especially the IBIS and compact size with the 12-32 attached.

Camera bodies:
G7
GX80

Native m43 lenses:
Oly 12 mm f/2
P 12—32 mm
P 14—140 mm
P 25 mm f/1.7
Oly 45 mm f/1.8

Nikkor 24 mm f/2.8 Ai
Nikkor-S 5 cm f/2
Micro Nikkor 55 mm f/3.5
Nikkor 'K' 85 mm f/1.8
Nikkor-Q 200 mm f/4
Nikkor-H 300 mm f/4.5

My vintage lens shopping spree spree was started after I looked at alternative use of the cash required to purchase the Sigma 56 mm f/1.4 and the Oly 75 mm f/1.8. I enjoy the process of setting focus manually with these Nikkors. And I enjoy the high quality mechanics. Using the 0.71x adapter the vintage lenses cover everything from 17 mm f/2, via 35 mm f/1.4, 60 mm f/1.2, 75 mm f/1.8 to 140 mm f/2.8. The 300 mm is a beautiful piece of optomechanics, but too heavy for my taste.

I am a physicist by training and have worked in scientific imaging in several fields. In biomedics, using extremely sensitive cameras for low light bioluminescence imaging and also multispectral imaging/microscopy of fluorescence. In material physics, using highly sensitive polarization microscopy for magneto-optical imaging of superconductors.

The inventory above may be interpreted as a certain indication that I am a hopeless tech-/gearhead. However, I tell myself that I want to explore photography to pursue visual and aesthetic ideas; to express my personal and subjective view of the world.
I guess we'll see.

That's it for the intro.

Cheers,
Harald
Welcome!
I don't think your current inventory is to large as you only have 5 native lenses, adapted lenses shouldn't count! ;)

HaHa

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome!
I don't think your current inventory is to large as you only have 5 native lenses, adapted lenses shouldn't count! ;)
Thanks! I will quote you when my wife finds my secret drawer of gear.

But you are right, I could really use a fast zoom for shooting basketball games.

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob

Camera bodies:
G7
GX80

Native m43 lenses:
Oly 12 mm f/2
P 12—32 mm
P 14—140 mm
P 25 mm f/1.7
Oly 45 mm f/1.8

Nikkor 24 mm f/2.8 Ai
Nikkor-S 5 cm f/2
Micro Nikkor 55 mm f/3.5
Nikkor 'K' 85 mm f/1.8
Nikkor-Q 200 mm f/4
Nikkor-H 300 mm f/4.5

My vintage lens shopping spree was started after I looked at alternative use of the cash required to purchase the Sigma 56 mm f/1.4 and the Oly 75 mm f/1.8. I enjoy the process of setting focus manually with these Nikkors. And I enjoy the high quality mechanics. Using the 0.71x adapter the vintage lenses cover everything from 17 mm f/2, via 35 mm f/1.4, 60 mm f/1.2, 75 mm f/1.8 to 140 mm f/2.8. The 300 mm is a beautiful piece of optomechanics, but too heavy for my taste.

I guess we'll see.

That's it for the intro.

Cheers,
Harald
Welcome to the forum! I, too, have a drawer full of adapted lenses as well as filters, flash modifiers and assorted other bits and pieces.

Susanne

Mu-43 Regular
Hi folks!

I joined this forum some time ago but haven't really used it until now.
I've been interested in photography for as long as I can remember but didn't really start with it until 2011, then with a nice compact camera, I then bought an entry-level Canon in 2013. After some year I found information about mirrorless cameras and became interested because I was so annoyed by the size of the Canon. I bought a Panasonic G6 and loved it.
Now I'm with an Olympus OMD E-M1 Mark II and love it. I have a nice collection of lenses with it but I'm interested in getting something like 15mm prime eventually.

I've been doing photography some time now but I don't think I'm particularly good at it, I've learned things here and there, mainly by reading articles and books. I don't have any in-depth knowledge, I've mainly learned what I needed to take better photographs when it comes to sharpness, exposure etc. Now I'm more interested in composition, what makes a good photo and the more philosophical aspects. I'm doing an online photography course, and have started digging a lot more into photography during the COVID lockdown. Photography, along with music, is what has helped me to keep distracted from worrying too much. When the weather allows I'll go out to shoot a lot more as well. I have a large garden with lots of photo opportunities.

I love nature photography of all types, but I think my main interest is probably insect and spider photography, I love macro and closeups. I was very much into street photography earlier, but then came the GDPR, and I've been very cautious after that but would love to do another sort of street photography, with no people or at least no faces. There's a lovely Instagram account from Milano that inspires me a lot with this.
I write a blog about Irish whiskey so I take a lot of photos of whiskeys, whiskey glasses etc and try to find creative compositions... I'm working on different ideas right now, both indoors and outdoors. But I suspect I'll take photos mainly outdoors now that spring and summer are coming.

I'm Swedish but moved to Ireland last winter. I needed to escape long and harsh winters and for many other reasons.
I left a job in Sweden that made me sick from stress, to create a better life, and before COVID I was trying to develop freelance services (translation, writing). Before the lockdown, I had started thinking of looking for a job in town as well. Now that option is gone, and I work on writing, language skills and photography, with the only goal to simply get better at it. We'll see how everything goes when the virus threat subsides. At least the COVID situation could help me become a better photographer because finally, I'm making some time to study photography.

My impressions of this forum have been very good so far. I'm used to forums where anything tech-related is full of people who like to intimidate beginners or anyone else who doesn't sound like a pro (or so it seems, at least). Here, the conversation seems very friendly and I really like that. Also, it's lovely to have a forum where everything is micro four thirds related.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Välkommen igen! (And for you poor people that don't speak Swedish it means Welcome again! ;))

Do we have a Whiskey thread? Anyone know?
Otherwise by all means start one!

I hope everything works out for you in your endeavours!

This is a friendly forum, the only thing we ask of you is to show us your pictures! :)

Susanne

Mu-43 Regular
Välkommen igen! (And for you poor people that don't speak Swedish it means Welcome again! ;))

Do we have a Whiskey thread? Anyone know?
Otherwise by all means start one!

I hope everything works out for you in your endeavours!

This is a friendly forum, the only thing we ask of you is to show us your pictures! :)

Tack så mycket! (Thanks so much, for everyone else)

I promise to not be shy, and to show my pictures.
And I'm totally going to start a whiskey thread!! Something to work on this weekend when they're talking about low pressure with wind and rain.

Last edited:

Mu-43 Legend
Hi folks!

I joined this forum some time ago but haven't really used it until now.
I've been interested in photography for as long as I can remember but didn't really start with it until 2011, then with a nice compact camera, I then bought an entry-level Canon in 2013. After some year I found information about mirrorless cameras and became interested because I was so annoyed by the size of the Canon. I bought a Panasonic G6 and loved it.
Now I'm with an Olympus OMD E-M1 Mark II and love it. I have a nice collection of lenses with it but I'm interested in getting something like 15mm prime eventually.

I've been doing photography some time now but I don't think I'm particularly good at it, I've learned things here and there, mainly by reading articles and books. I don't have any in-depth knowledge, I've mainly learned what I needed to take better photographs when it comes to sharpness, exposure etc. Now I'm more interested in composition, what makes a good photo and the more philosophical aspects. I'm doing an online photography course, and have started digging a lot more into photography during the COVID lockdown. Photography, along with music, is what has helped me to keep distracted from worrying too much. When the weather allows I'll go out to shoot a lot more as well. I have a large garden with lots of photo opportunities.

I love nature photography of all types, but I think my main interest is probably insect and spider photography, I love macro and closeups. I was very much into street photography earlier, but then came the GDPR, and I've been very cautious after that but would love to do another sort of street photography, with no people or at least no faces. There's a lovely Instagram account from Milano that inspires me a lot with this.
I write a blog about Irish whiskey so I take a lot of photos of whiskeys, whiskey glasses etc and try to find creative compositions... I'm working on different ideas right now, both indoors and outdoors. But I suspect I'll take photos mainly outdoors now that spring and summer are coming.

I'm Swedish but moved to Ireland last winter. I needed to escape long and harsh winters and for many other reasons.
I left a job in Sweden that made me sick from stress, to create a better life, and before COVID I was trying to develop freelance services (translation, writing). Before the lockdown, I had started thinking of looking for a job in town as well. Now that option is gone, and I work on writing, language skills and photography, with the only goal to simply get better at it. We'll see how everything goes when the virus threat subsides. At least the COVID situation could help me become a better photographer because finally, I'm making some time to study photography.

My impressions of this forum have been very good so far. I'm used to forums where anything tech-related is full of people who like to intimidate beginners or anyone else who doesn't sound like a pro (or so it seems, at least). Here, the conversation seems very friendly and I really like that. Also, it's lovely to have a forum where everything is micro four thirds related.

Welcome aboard. please do feel free to share your work when you can. We welcome all posters!

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide

Welcome, and yes, this is a friendly environment. Seems many forums get unnecessarily hostile, where only the toxic survive. Here, there are some very helpful folks.

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Claude
I guess in those times of confinement, we are all less in a hurry for all sorts of things, and for my part, this leaves a bit of time to write an introduction...
I live in Quebec, Canada. My mother tong is French, but also quite fluent in English.

I started photo as a teenager with a Minolta SRT 101, shooting Ilford B&W film and developing in a dark room in my father's basement. This camera had the standard 50 or 55mm lens, plus I had a 200mm telephoto (Vivitar I think) and a 2X teleconverter. During that period I also played with my father's camera, a Zeiss Contaflex which had an interesting feature - the front element of the lens was removable (on a bayonet) and there were telephoto and wide angle attachments.
I sold the Minolta gear when I went to Europe, needed money and a smaller camera for travel. So I got a Rollei 35 - a really nice compact camera with good Schneider optics.

1586316148645.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After that I sort of lost interest and had a number of dull cameras... Got a Kodak Easyshare in early 2000s (2 Mp I think) and a bit later a Nikon, very compact, 4 Mp with 4x power zoom. Not much to say about those.

One day in 2009 however, I entered in a photo shop and started talking with the employee - we were alone in the store so we chatted about old manual cameras and prime lenses... Then he said: Wait a minute, I have something for you to try... He took out a second hand Canon Rebel XTi, grabbed a 50mm f/1.8, and asked what I thought of this. It was a revelation! Just the feeling of the shutter with the movement of the mirror brought me back to my Minolta times. I got out of the store with the kit and started enjoying shooting again. But the 50mm is a bit long on a cropped sensor, and I was lucky to find an old Sigma 24mm f/2.8 for a bargain price. This was my main kit for quite a few years, until Canon released their SL1 and their pancake 24 and 40mm lenses, which rapidly became mine: so small and light... I recently completed the Canon kit with a full frame EOS 5D mark II, relatively old but still a very capable camera - and now enjoying the Sigma 24 as a true wide angle lens, which was its original destiny.

Let's have a parenthesis here... I had a carreer in mechanical engineering, but somewhat more interested in apples and cider. Eventually I wrote a couple of books, one in French and one in English which are illustrated with photos that I have taken. If interested, see links:
Du pommier au cidre
The New Cider Maker's Handbook

Most of the "important" photography I do is thus related to apples. I love to make apple portraits - there is so much variety in shapes and colors... I also make photos of trees, orchards, cider makers, cideries, cider bottles...

CiderDaysGlass_mr.jpg

Now coming to M 4/3... All this cider business has made me travel around the world, and although the Canon SL1 was very compact, I started to look for something even smaller to carry everywhere. And I stumbled on a Lumix GM5 about a year ago... I guess that was another revelation! Such a fun little camera. But it had a problem with the rear dial, and when googling for how to fix this, I discovered this forum. My first post was about this:
https://www.mu-43.com/threads/servicing-a-lumix-gm5.104185/

In any case, got hooked on M43, and in the last year got also a GX80/85. As lenses I have the Oly 17mm f/2.8 pancake, which is sort of the "always on" lens with the GM5, plus the kit zooms, 12-32 and 35-100. But most of the time, it is the 17mm that sees action. I have always preferred primes...

Well that's it folks! And by the way I also like to jazz-up photos (as I did in the processing challenge #540) - probably this comes from the times I was developing in a dark room, I enjoyed doing solarizations. Now it's all so much easier!

191129_2443(jz)_mr.jpg

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
I guess in those times of confinement, we are all less in a hurry for all sorts of things, and for my part, this leaves a bit of time to write an introduction...
I live in Quebec, Canada. My mother tong is French, but also quite fluent in English.

I started photo as a teenager with a Minolta SRT 101, shooting Ilford B&W film and developing in a dark room in my father's basement. This camera had the standard 50 or 55mm lens, plus I had a 200mm telephoto (Vivitar I think) and a 2X teleconverter. During that period I also played with my father's camera, a Zeiss Contaflex which had an interesting feature - the front element of the lens was removable (on a bayonet) and there were telephoto and wide angle attachments.
I sold the Minolta gear when I went to Europe, needed money and a smaller camera for travel. So I got a Rollei 35 - a really nice compact camera with good Schneider optics.

View attachment 812976

After that I sort of lost interest and had a number of dull cameras... Got a Kodak Easyshare in early 2000s (2 Mp I think) and a bit later a Nikon, very compact, 4 Mp with 4x power zoom. Not much to say about those.

One day in 2009 however, I entered in a photo shop and started talking with the employee - we were alone in the store so we chatted about old manual cameras and prime lenses... Then he said: Wait a minute, I have something for you to try... He took out a second hand Canon Rebel XTi, grabbed a 50mm f/1.8, and asked what I thought of this. It was a revelation! Just the feeling of the shutter with the movement of the mirror brought me back to my Minolta times. I got out of the store with the kit and started enjoying shooting again. But the 50mm is a bit long on a cropped sensor, and I was lucky to find an old Sigma 24mm f/2.8 for a bargain price. This was my main kit for quite a few years, until Canon released their SL1 and their pancake 24 and 40mm lenses, which rapidly became mine: so small and light... I recently completed the Canon kit with a full frame EOS 5D mark II, relatively old but still a very capable camera - and now enjoying the Sigma 24 as a true wide angle lens, which was its original destiny.

Let's have a parenthesis here... I had a carreer in mechanical engineering, but somewhat more interested in apples and cider. Eventually I wrote a couple of books, one in French and one in English which are illustrated with photos that I have taken. If interested, see links:
Du pommier au cidre
The New Cider Maker's Handbook

Most of the "important" photography I do is thus related to apples. I love to make apple portraits - there is so much variety in shapes and colors... I also make photos of trees, orchards, cider makers, cideries, cider bottles...

View attachment 812978

Now coming to M 4/3... All this cider business has made me travel around the world, and although the Canon SL1 was very compact, I started to look for something even smaller to carry everywhere. And I stumbled on a Lumix GM5 about a year ago... I guess that was another revelation! Such a fun little camera. But it had a problem with the rear dial, and when googling for how to fix this, I discovered this forum. My first post was about this:
https://www.mu-43.com/threads/servicing-a-lumix-gm5.104185/

In any case, got hooked on M43, and in the last year got also a GX80/85. As lenses I have the Oly 17mm f/2.8 pancake, which is sort of the "always on" lens with the GM5, plus the kit zooms, 12-32 and 35-100. But most of the time, it is the 17mm that sees action. I have always preferred primes...

Well that's it folks! And by the way I also like to jazz-up photos (as I did in the processing challenge #540) - probably this comes from the times I was developing in a dark room, I enjoyed doing solarizations. Now it's all so much easier!

View attachment 812981
Welcome to the forums. Love the journey. The Rollei b35 I inherited from my dad was what got me into photography.

LCS

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Lee
Hello to all,
New to the site, been reading articles and tips on here for the past year and half or so and eventually decided to join and support the site. This is all quite new to me as I have avoided any form of social media in the past, I have a steep learning curve regarding the correct why’s, where’s and how’s, so please be gentle and by all means correct me should I be in error.
I an based in the U.K. (Lincolnshire) and live with my wife, daughter, horses and dogs (yes, I am at the bottom of the list !). I spend most of my life travelling around Europe attending meetings, although as with many others in this strange time,I am currently working from home.
At home I like to attend horse competitions with my wife and daughter (chief payer) and attempt to take photos of their show. I do a bit of fishing, cycling, lots of paddock maintenance! ( poo picking) etc...
I have always had a camera of some sort but never used too seriously. I decided to try and get something better and yet compact that would get me the action shots of the horses and dogs etc... and so gave my D80 and lenses to my daughter for University and purchased a G80 and 25mm 1.4 lens. This really got me interested in the m43 system and over the past 18 months or so I have been fortunate enough to have acquired a G9, Leica 12-60mm and Leica 50-200mm.
I am taking inspiration from here and reading as much as possible on the cameras and lenses and trying to get my head around the mind boggling functionality, very slowly in my case. Please keep up the good work and look forward to ramping up my knowledge.

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
Welcome from DownUnder
I love the international flavour of forums and your (re)entry adds to that.

Post away and let your expression free in putting pixel to sensor just as an artist does in paint to paper.
The EM1 2 is awesome and I'm sure you will find it very rewarding in your ventures.
You mention lenses - do you have the Oly 60mm? Probably yes. That really does give excellent results and would stand you in good stead for your closeups and macro.

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
Welcome from Oz.
I'm sure you will enjoy this place - it certainly is easy on the occupants. I haven't been bitten yet ?
You mention Zeiss Contaflex - I've still got mine along with a couple of lenses and some closeup attachments. An awesome camera.

Cider! Great stuff. We now have a Cider and a Whisky lover contributing. This will be interesting.
Post away and lets all enjoy

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Hello to all,
New to the site, been reading articles and tips on here for the past year and half or so and eventually decided to join and support the site. This is all quite new to me as I have avoided any form of social media in the past, I have a steep learning curve regarding the correct why’s, where’s and how’s, so please be gentle and by all means correct me should I be in error.
I an based in the U.K. (Lincolnshire) and live with my wife, daughter, horses and dogs (yes, I am at the bottom of the list !). I spend most of my life travelling around Europe attending meetings, although as with many others in this strange time,I am currently working from home.
At home I like to attend horse competitions with my wife and daughter (chief payer) and attempt to take photos of their show. I do a bit of fishing, cycling, lots of paddock maintenance! ( poo picking) etc...
I have always had a camera of some sort but never used too seriously. I decided to try and get something better and yet compact that would get me the action shots of the horses and dogs etc... and so gave my D80 and lenses to my daughter for University and purchased a G80 and 25mm 1.4 lens. This really got me interested in the m43 system and over the past 18 months or so I have been fortunate enough to have acquired a G9, Leica 12-60mm and Leica 50-200mm.
I am taking inspiration from here and reading as much as possible on the cameras and lenses and trying to get my head around the mind boggling functionality, very slowly in my case. Please keep up the good work and look forward to ramping up my knowledge.
Welcome aboard! I have some of the same gear as you, too.

Anderle

Mu-43 Regular
Hey there,
now i have a little time to introduce also myself here. at least the next 3 weeks i have only work for 4 hours, not per week but for 3 weeks, so plenty of free time.
i came here just by accident due to the firmware hack for the PEN-F from @ABel! thanks again for this, just so good.

i´m from the Bavarian Alps (Berchtesgaden), mountaineering, skiing, hiking, flowers and all different kind of thing, but i don´t like making pictures of people, i want to learn it but i´m pretty bad at this
still signed in at a german foto forum, but i don´t like the harsh and aggressive tone which is getting harder and harder during the time, its only a HOBBY, thats so nice here, that even the titel is "friendly forum" - like that very much and hope that this attitude stays.

started taking fotos with an very old Jashika SLR from my dad with M42, there was no money for a 16 year old boy.
switched to digital for a Sigma SD14 because it was so cheap at that time
maybe you know that Foveon-Feeling?!?!?! it was just great if you took a picture and it was gorgous! but 98% of all other were crap ;-( and she was way to big and heavy (sometimes i wish Sigma would build a mft-body with the SD14 Foveon sensor!!)

but i got a used Olympus E-PL1 and here i´m

after some other Olympus cameras - PL3 - PL5 - M10 i came to the PEN-F
(crashed 2 of them, one on skies)
but then got a good job and had the first time the money to buy a new camera (i payed 2 years ago for a new/used one "only" 729€ at olympus-market with full warranty)

The M10 was the first big step for me, finally a viewfinder, but the PEN-F brought that Foveon-feeling back, but now there are only 80-90% crap ;-)

and now i´m learning and learning, due to the wonderful kodachrome color wheel settings from GarethB and the explanation to get that into my cam from Rob Trek.
due to more time with the camera, i can handle it now in complete darkness and with gloves

so, have a nice day and enjoy the free time if you have some
*anderle

Attachments

• P4090445.JPG
    P4090445.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 138

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Claude
Welcome from Oz.
I'm sure you will enjoy this place - it certainly is easy on the occupants. I haven't been bitten yet ?
You mention Zeiss Contaflex - I've still got mine along with a couple of lenses and some closeup attachments. An awesome camera.

Cider! Great stuff. We now have a Cider and a Whisky lover contributing. This will be interesting.
Post away and lets all enjoy

Tasmania... what a nice place. Was there in 2014, and met some great cider makers that became friends. If you have the chance, try the Red Sails cider one of these days. The cidery is a bit south of Hobart along the coast.
And as of my father's Zeiss Contaflex, unfortunately that camera got stolen, a shame.

Latest threads

Top Bottom