New Member Introduction Thread

Antikytherapy

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Killian
Hi all, Killian here, fledgling enthusiast. Irishman living in Germany.

Hoping to get constructive criticism on anything I feel brave enough to share (!) and learn some interesting tips/resources etc.
I'll do my best to give back to the community in whatever way I can too :)

Antikytherapy

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Killian
Thanks for the welcome @MonikaO!

Difficult to say as of yet, but I'm enjoying Urban Exploration and trying to capture the feeling that these abandoned places have.
I'm also trying to get better at photographing people, but I hate to invade others' privacy- so for now I'm doing portraits with friends to figure out what works. :)

MonikaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Monika
Oh Urban Exploration that is very nice.
Would love to do that but here in Holland they make sure you cannot get
into abandoned places... pitty.
I am sure you will find a lot of good portrait photographers here
and maybe pick up some tips :)

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Thanks for the welcome @MonikaO!

Difficult to say as of yet, but I'm enjoying Urban Exploration and trying to capture the feeling that these abandoned places have.
I'm also trying to get better at photographing people, but I hate to invade others' privacy- so for now I'm doing portraits with friends to figure out what works. :)
Welcome aboard.

Old and abandoned are magnets for photographers, we are drawn to them like moths to a flame.

As for the photographing people, I think you mean street photography. I've been doing this for a while and am still uncomfortable with it. I don't know how these folks do it, but I admire their efforts. Check out the real street thread and others of the same ilk for some incredible shots.

Antikytherapy

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Killian
Welcome aboard.

Old and abandoned are magnets for photographers, we are drawn to them like moths to a flame.

As for the photographing people, I think you mean street photography. I've been doing this for a while and am still uncomfortable with it. I don't know how these folks do it, but I admire their efforts. Check out the real street thread and others of the same ilk for some incredible shots.
Cheers, I'll check those out!
I did mean street photography mostly, but just in general - I found I had been avoiding photographing people because it was hard, rather than because it wasn't interesting.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...

Hoping to get constructive criticism on anything I feel brave enough to share (!) and learn some interesting tips/resources etc.
:Welcome: to this friendly forum, Killian.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide

:Welcome:
Well I'm a German descendant that married an Irish descendant (living in the states). Good luck figuring out our stoicism. :D

Wrendel

New to Mu-43
Hi all my name is Hayden and i live in Australia i shoot Panasonic my first camera was the gx-85 and i have been shooting for about 3 years now i enjoy some street and find bird photography very relaxing at this time, and my favorite type of photography is macro

Hi all my name is Hayden and i live in Australia i shoot Panasonic my first camera was the gx-85 and i have been shooting for about 3 years now i enjoy some street and find bird photography very relaxing at this time, and my favorite type of photography is macro
Welcome Hayden from Tassie
Macro is intriguing.
Look forward to all you bring to the table :)

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
:Welcome: Hayden. This is a very nice forum.

Pavel M

Creativity Aspirations
Hello from Pavel Muller (=me) from Canada. We are just emerging in my area from a year-long lockdown and today is the first day when patios are allowed to open - a big deal for us. I am currently very focused on photography as art and I feel cut off from galleries - my inspiration and from traveling and seeing and photographing new stuff. I hope that I will enjoy fun informal discussions, exchange of images and hopefully find photographers with similar interests. I actually joined 4+ months ago, but I kind of settled in the Creative Corner and outside of it explored only active threads. I hope to get to know you and you know me and that together we will have some fun and learn something from each other.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom