New Member Introduction Thread

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Thanks, Brian, for letting me know about this site. I look forward to being of help in any way I can, as well as benefiting from the knowledge of the membership here.

Phil Douglis
The Douglis Visual Workshops
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Phil Douglis's Photo Galleries at pbase.com
Phil, I'm sorry somehow I missed your intro - a belated welcome to you!:smile:

Hapi

New to Mu-43
Hello All,
I was pleased to find your site. When I was young I did a lot of film shooting, I recently purchased a Olympus EP2 and have just started with digital. I'm looking forward to use some legacy FD and OM glass on my new camera.

nTo

Mu-43 Regular
Dear All,

My name is Anto --> but i'd like it to be nTo as my 'nick name'
I'm from Indonesia, and i'm male.

My experience in photography is still minimum. The first time i used an SLR was when i was 12 years old, with my father's old Canon A1. I thought the camera was ugly, because it was so difficult to capture a picture (manual focusing, exposure & shutter setting). I was stupid. I didn't realise it is what it takes to get a beautiful picture. So then i stick myself with compact cameras.

I do love beautiful pictures, especially for documenting precious memories (family trips, events, etc). So i strived to get nice photos even olny using compacts. But then found limitations with it. I wanted to get a decent camera, but then i was still a student so i couldn't afford a dSLR. I sticked with the Lumix LX2 quite sometimes and was pretty happy with it.

I then fell in love with panasonic lumix for several reasons:
1- the 'leica' mark on the lenses
2- nice specifications --> gives more features than other brands
3- great build quality --> mostly are 'made in japan' rather than 'made in china'

Time came when i finally able to purchase a dSLR. I wanted a Nikon. To optimize my budget, i did some research first on what the perfect dSLR suit me regarding my budget and preferences. I was then introduced by DSLRGuide.com to many kinds of dSLR. Here in Indonesia, CANON & NIKON rule the market insanely. People here don't notice a thing about other brands like Pentax, Sigma, Lumix, etc. Only recently, Sony came into popularity. I was amazed on the vast alternatives.

The new technology of micro 4/3 brought by Olympus & Panasonic, charmed me. I was excited that there is this 'niche' kind of camera with promising quality. I never owned a dSLR before, so the transition from compacts to m4/3 is very comfortable. I never relly myself to a viewfinder, and carrying a bulk item for travelling does worries me. So then i bought a Lumix-GF1, pararel with joining this great forum. :)

Since the first time i used my GF1 until now, im getting more exicetd on the ability of this camera. This of course due to the helpfulness of the people in this forum. I would like to congratulate all of you guys in this forum for sharing your knowledge and spirit for all m4/3 users. Thank you very much! :)

fks

New to Mu-43
hi all-

nikon shooter here, with a new EP-1 being evaluated as a replacement for a fuji F45 (for those times when my nikon is too much trouble to bring). looking forward to learning about the m4/3 system from everyone.

ricky

Hello! After much research (and saving up...) I decided to pull the trigger and buy an Oly E-P2. It's only been a few days, but I am already in love. I've been using a Canon Rebel XTi (aka 400D) as my primary digital camera for a few years now and wanted something more portable and inconspicuous for traveling. I decided on the E-P2 because it had so many "on-camera" options and really does produce high quality images. It also didn't hurt that it looks so good! I'm a sucker for retro styling :)

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the mu-43 community and will be busy familiarizing myself with all the ins and outs of my new toy.

stanleyk

Hi,

New to the forum. My E-P2 arrives from Adorama tomorrow. I'm really excited about it. I'm also a Pentax shooter (K7/KX and a whole lot of lenses). Hopefully this forum will be a welcome change from the constant Pentax needs to make a full frame camera rants. I also ordered the Novoflex to K adapter to go with the E-P2 so I hope that works out. I got the 17mm kit + the 14-48mm. I'm probably going to get the 9-18 also.

As they say in Texas, where I now reside: Howdy y'all..... :)

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Welcome StanleyK...and the countdown continues! Really looking forward to seeing how you like your E-P2 and hope you'll become actively involved here with your new :43:! Be sure to post a few photos with your new Olympus, too. :biggrin:

jmacpix

Mu-43 Regular
Hello from Alberta, Canada

Hello

I'm new to :43: but I've been a professional photog for over 25yrs working in the journalism field. I've got a GF1 and I'm really enjoying this little beauty. It's nice to be able to use my Leica M lenses again!

Cheers
Jeff McIntosh, Photojournalist
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Gwendal

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi everybody

Since it is the custom to introduce oneself... recently decided to get into photography, found DSLRs to be way too big and intimidating for me, did not see the point in bridges, found compact cameras, even relatively high-end, too limited, stumbled upon articles on the Olympus EP1, love at first sight (white body).
Currently owning said EP1 with the 17mm pancake, the 14-42 and 40-150 four-third lenses via MMF1 adapter, an OM mount 50mm f1.4 has been sitting idly on the shelf because the adapter still hasn't arrived, and there are several c-mount lenses in the mail.
Mostly shooting Paris where I live, and statues in the Louvre because they are very patient and understanding models.
Will probably spend quite some time on the forum here, asking very dumb questions and hoping people are as patient as my models.
Will also try not spending too much time here, since the "adapted lenses" thread has already made me way too jealous for the sake of my bank account.

Tomek

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi from Burgundy, France

Hello all,

I've been watching (and registered to) this site/board for a few months now, but never posted yet. Actually, it, I mean you clearly help me to choose my camera.

A little history about me and digital cameras:

First I've been given a compact Sony DSC-S800, I enjoyed it but it quickly had problems, I sent it back and had to ask for a repayment.
Then my girlfriend bought a Canon Digital ixus 80 IS I used a little. But I wanted more.
A friend of mine lent me a Nikon D60 with a set of old Nikkor lenses to try a DSLR in real conditions. I enjoyed it too, but found it not portable enough for my needs.
At that time I was hesitating between a D90 and a GF1. I finally chose the GF1 with the 1.7/20mm lens, and just ordered yesterday the 14-45mm. In between, I also bought the LVF and a tripod.

you can see most of my photo works at flickr.

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hey G'day Tomek at least we helped tip you over the edge to buy one of these fantastic micro 4 thirds cameras. Thanks for introducing yourself and I hope we'll be good internet friends over time.
That 14-45 stays on my GF1 most of the time aye, its a cracker of a lens. Sharp, awesome build quality and in perfect proportion for the GF1. I also have the viewfinder but I haven't had the need to use it.

anyways, cu later

icon

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom