New Member here

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by larryabrandt, Jun 10, 2012.

1. larryabrandt

larryabrandt  

Jun 10, 2012
    Nashville,TN
    I'm wanting to purchase an item, But wondering how i should pay? Are personal payments/gift/other Payments OK? It would seem to me that the seller should just do an invoice and send me the money request. I'm just wanting to be safe, just in case. Any suggestions?

2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    PayPal is fairly universal, at least in areas where it's available. I've done numerous transactions using it with no problems.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    PayPal is the safest, as they are a 3rd Party Escrow Service. For instance, if you are a buyer and you pay for the item but the seller doesn't send it or sends you something not as advertised, you send a claim through PayPal and they can refund your money.

If you're a seller you will receive money directly before you send the item. All you need is proof that the item was shipped and proper (good idea to take pictures and use tracking) to ensure that your payment is safe.

4. larryabrandt

larryabrandt  

Jun 10, 2012
    Nashville,TN
    Oh, OK. So what if i send a Paypal gift payment and don't get the right item or don't get the item at all? Can i still get my money back? Sorry about all the noob questions.

5. atomic

atomic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Sending a "PayPal Gift" saves fees, however it also drops the buyer/seller protection that Ned was describing.

6. larryabrandt

larryabrandt  

Jun 10, 2012
    Nashville,TN
    Thanks again, that's what i thought. So no buyer protection on Paypal gift/other. I guess i should just send the funds and pay fees as a purchase.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, I would discourage the use of PayPal Gift which violates PayPal policies and affords neither the seller nor the buyer any protection (mostly problematic for the buyer).

For other tips, read this thread: https://www.mu-43.com/f17/suggestions-regarding-describing-pricing-items-sale-26944/

• Like Like x 1